eight (8)

This is your chapterly reminder toCHECK THE TWS IN THE DESCRIPTION OF THE BOOK!!!!

"Hey i think that second message is targeted at you" Ex joked out loud to Grian, casting him a grin.

"Pfft- no it's definitely aimed at Scar." Grian joked back, returning that Scar.

Ex caught sight of the time, "Ahh! I got distracted, bye Grian!" He accounted as he jumped up, instantly flying back towards his base.

"Bye!" Grian called after him, though it wasn't difficult to know that he wouldn't hear, but nonetheless it was still a polite and well-mannered thing to do.

Although he couldn't hear his goodbyes, it was nice to imagine that he could.

He turned around and walked back towards his starter base, wondering what the hell he would do now with his day.

And ultimately, he decided to do nothing. So he stared at a wall; though he wasn't really thinking of staring at the wall, was he?; in his mind he was relaying over thoughts and memories.

Hours ticked by feeling like minutes, and minutes passed by feeling like seconds.

Every so often his communicator would buzz, breaking him from his train of thoughts, but it was just general hermit chatter.

Soon enough, the normal darkness of the night returned once more, meaning he had just wasted the day doing, well... nothing.

Great, just perfect.

Wait for the next time he saw Mumbo;
"WhAt HaVe YoU bEeN uP tO gRiAn?"
        "Well... we'll... uh - nothing?"

Grian laughed at the scene he'd created in his head, closely following with a yawn.

He sighed: God he was tired.

Stumbling towards his bed, the glint of the sword he used to carve a 'zombie attack' caught the corner of his eye. The voices immediately began screaming again, but he was too tired to even listen- which was funny because he usually never slept this much within a couple of days.

He closed his eyes and welcomed sleep with open arms.

-

"I knew it was you," X spat in his face, "I should never have even allowed you into Hermitcraft!"
"I would have just ignored the code if i knew that it was you" Ex said the word 'you' as though it was venomous poison burning through his tongue.

Grian was curled up on the floor in the foetal position, tears. Streaming down his face.

"Honestly, the last person who did it was immediately banned, so buh-bye!!"
All the hermits stood in a large circle around him, laughing and pointing loudly at him.

"Three." They cheered.

"Two." They laughed.

"One." They smiled

Darkness.

-

That was when he woke up.

His eyes snapped open and the world immediately began to spin. This is why he never slept, AND this is why he was certainly NOT letting anyone see that he was the one who corrupted the small line of code. Why the fuck does that even exist? How the fuck does that even exist?

Is there anything else that changes code?

It's too early for this, he thought to himself as he turned to the clock next to his bed - shit - 10:55am. He had five minutes to completely get ready, and also to fly to Xisuma's on top of that- shit shit shit.