twenty-four (24)

Hiya mateys you should really check the tws, like fr
CHECK THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also you guys are actually amazing, i love it when people comment on my stories (: you guys are absolutely epic
Oh yeah also next chapter is probably going to be the last lol then its the edndings

He slowly walked up to the bush, making as little noise as he could, and peered through the leaves. He saw an Ex, sat (alone) on a log, in front of a burning campfire, staring at the flames. His helmet sat firmly on his head, which wasn't anything out of the ordinary to be honest. Looking around, he saw all of the other hermits laying peacefully on various beds.

It was still kind of dark outside despite the stunning sunrise that was slowly creeping up the sky, so the luminance from the fire emitted perfectly onto his face. There was a look of exhaustion, elements of heartbreak that reflected upon his expression, it was so painfully obvious that he was struggling.

Part of him wanted to run over, to return to his best friends, all the hermits...

...But he couldn't. He just couldn't.

Well he could, but he couldn't. Why was everything so damn confusing all of the time? It was so aggravating.

He slowly rose to his feet and stared at the little make-shift campground. He clenched his fists and hesitated, before slowly walking away. This walk soon turned into a fast run, as fast as his legs could carry him, which didn't turn out to be very far, but it got him away. Adrenaline pumped through his body as he came to a stop, like 100 blocks away, though closer to the lava.

But he couldn't die yet. It wasn't his time yet. Right place, right person, wrong time.

-

A rustling could be heard from the bush opposite the fire, snapping Ex out of his train of thought. He quickly turned to look at what was there, expecting a wild pig or cow just roaming around. But there was nothing for a few seconds, before he heard a follow up of more crunching of leaves, as though there was something or someone running.

He turned around, doing a quick headcount of hermits in bed, before jumping up. Everyone was there.

He ran after whatever it was, following the sound of thuds, trying to find an answer for what was there, though staying quiet just in case it wasn't friendly.

The sound came to a halt after a few minutes of running, and Ex peeked his head to find someone he hoped would be there, but really didn't expect. It was Grian. It was fucking Grian.

Ex froze in his tracks like a deer in headlights, he slowly lowered himself to the floor, he needed to breathe. He wanted to introduce himself, but also he really didn't, it would probably be better if he didn't yet. He breathed in and out as quietly as he did, he couldn't afford to have a panic attack here. He couldn't-

He looked through the small gap of the bush, his visor from his helmet camouflaging him as much as it could. Grian was lay on the floor in a small opening, the leaves like cushions. He was clearly breathing due to the fact that you could see the rise and fall of his chest.

Ex needed a few minutes before revealing himself. He could just stay there for a bit longer, and observe.

-

In and out, in and out. That was how to slow down your breathing. In... Out...
On a side note, the floor was absolutely freezing. He'd get up in a minute, there was a fallen over tree a few metres away that he could go sit at, actually thinking about it why did he choose to lay on the floor? Oh well.

On a normal day, tears would be falling from his eyes, like a waterfall of emotions. But right now it was like his eyes had completely dried up, unable to produce any more tears.

He didn't know why he ran, it seemed most logical to try and avoid his problems. He didn't really want to deal with that.

Talking felt extremely difficult, he hadn't done it since he ran.

In... Out....

He crawled towards the log, leaning against it, energy drained. The adrenaline had since worn off, and he was absolutely shattered now.

In... Out...

He leant his head against the log, deep in thought about one single thing. They'd probably find him soon. And he better be ready for when they do. He had to mentally prepare himself. He had a plan but there was an extremely low possibility that he could actually end up pulling it off.

But still, he had to prepare. He grabbed his sword out from his inventory, weakly placing it on the ground beside him so he could grab it in panic and fight, not that he actually wished to fight. It was a last resort.

Then, he heard a noise from the bush, and he felt his blood run cold as a shadow emerged from that very bush.

-

"Heyy" Ex said nonchalantly after (albeit accidentally) revealing himself. Look, he had an itchy ear which just wouldn't go away, "Fancy seeing you heree"

Grian stopped, "Are you drunk" he spluttered in a sudden confusion.

"Nope, just don't know how to make an introduction" he shrugged, walking over to sit beside Grian with false confidence and wrapping an arm loosely around the other, "soooooo..."

"E-Ex you're not supposed to be here, what are you-"

Orange tinted leaves dropped from the sky around them as Grian turned towards Ex and stared at him with tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"Come on, we should go home" Ex replied, smiling wetly, he himself trying not to cry, though it wouldn't take a rocket-scientist to figure out that he was shaking. Grian flinched away.

"No. I can't, I can't-" Grian began hyperventilating in his spot, in... and out...

And as for Ex, well he hug his friend tighter, feeling the little fire of hope that things would get better in his chest strengthen.

"You can, come on, its not too late," Ex paused, before he grabbed his hand, making Grian straighten where he was sat,

"You, you, why didn't you fade?" His voice now sounded choked and painful, and Ex met his eye,

"Fade?" He asked, expectantly.

"Nonono, this isn't right. Stop it. Stop it." He rose to his feet shakily and paused, turning to Ex once again; "Why are you here?" He asked again, fiercer than last time, with false layers of aggression.

-
I think it'll honestly be quite sad when i finish this book lol, I've enjoyed writing it a lot
Predictions:

Wednesday the 12th October 2022

1124 words