twenty-five (25)

Heyyyy check the trigger warnings, like please do it for real this time

So, this is how it works. You read this chapter as normal, but after this you either choose the sad ending or the happy ending, whichever you feel like.
If it's easier, then be aware that the original ending was going to be the sad one (:

"I'm here to take you home." Ex says again, keeping his voice soft.

"NO! STOP IT! YOU DON'T ACTUALLY MEAN THAT. YOU JUST DON'T WANT MY DEATH ON YOUR CONSCIENCE!" Grian screamed at Ex, trying to make sense of it all.

"Oh come on Grian, you and I both know that you don't mean any of that." He replied, and funnily enough; it was true. It was pure bullshit.

Grian voice wavered, "N-no its not. I'm telling the truth, you don't actually like me." Cogs turned in Grian's head as he eyed the communicator on Ex's wrist, it was on upside-down. "What time is it?"

Ex's voice was monotone in reply, "You are wearing a watch."

"It is broken."

He nodded in acceptance, looking down at the time on his communicator, noticing the wonkiness of the device, smiling ever so slightly at himself before unstrapping it, to which Grian gently picked it up, holding it for a second.

"Grian?" He questioned.

There was a rustle of trees nearby and sounds of footsteps, along with increasing volumes of chatter.

Fuck.

He had to get out of there, he had to make like a tree and 'leave' so he tightened his firm grip on the communicator, and sadly mumbled a "sorry" before running as far as he could.

He knew what he had to do.
Right person.
Right place.
Right time...

-

Footsteps emerged from the bush, and False popped her head up around a tree, she looked at the now-pale Ex and blinked wide-eyedly, "You alright, Ex? We heard screaming is everything good?"

"Does Grian know how to code?" He instantly asked in a cold sweat.

"Yeah he owned a server before he came to Hermitcraft, why?" Pearl answered first,

Then Ex began to run faster than he ever had before. To the lava pool. Yes. The lava pool. The pool with lave, the hot stuff. It wasn't very far away at all, in fact it was about a one-minute walk or like 20 second run away. So all in all, he was running before it was too late, not caring how he'd dropped the diary in a swift panic.

X walked over in silence and picked it up, taking a split second to look at it before placing it into his inventory. Rain had began to slowly downpour from the sky, progressively falling harder and harder as the seconds pass. Then, he ran after Ex; closely followed afterwards by the others. Patterns of raindrops flew down, splattering onto the crispy leaves, dampening the ground.

They reached there, Ex first, who suddenly felt so lightheaded at first seeing the sight. He had to sit down, or he would have probably passed out. He stared at Grian in scared panic, frozen in fear and unable to talk.

"Grian," He croaked, as X and the others ran over.

Grian stared at them blankly as he stood on the edge of the cliff. He looked... drained, emotionless and almost lifeless in a way. Rosy stained cheeks from both the tears, rain and the heat of the lava. It was like he was trying to communicate with them with his mind. His eyes diverted to the lava from the steepness of the cliff, peering over the edge.

Everyone was frozen in fear. Glued to the spot where they were, and then Mumbo broke into a frisk walk.

It was like he got unpaused when X sprung back to life, he pulled up the admin settings; shouting a very loud and out-of-character 'SHIT', which made everyone turn their heads, including Grian; probably even Gem because of the sheer volume. Disregarding the situation, Grian would have laughed his absolute ass off, and Ex would have never shut up about it. And if they all make it out of this, then he truly would never shut up about it.

"Permadeath is on for Grian," Xisuma whispered to nobody besides himself, though it was something that everyone heard. And in the cold rain, it was absolute chaos, an utter disaster. Everyone was going crazy.

He tapped away frantically, having took a seat besides Ex and tried to switch off the permadeath. Now unfortunately it was a long, difficult process, difficult to decipher. It was a safety precaution and honestly it was a wonder how Grian knew how to do this and managed to change it so quickly.

The next thing he knew, Ex placed his head on his shoulder and just cried. Just let it all out as X tried changing the code. It didn't disrupt him at all, he'd done this before but that didn't matter, what mattered now was trying to help his friend.

The others just kind of stood there awkwardly, still frozen in their spots, most if not all of them had never dealt with things like this before.

As for Mumbo, he was currently walking over to his best friend. He could do this, he could try and help; try to save Grian... It was worth a shot.

-

HOLA!! Right so the happy and sad ending should be uploaded at some point!! And then yea, there'll be a final a/n of things I just wanted to say as a final thing :)))

Sub to my yt lol [not forced whatsoever you don't have to (Holli3)]

-
Sunday 16th October 2022
951 words