seventeen (17)

Hello guys, please please please check the trigger warnings, stay safe <3
The song in this chapter is Summer Child by Conan Gray (<3)

GUYS I MADE A TIKTOK ACCT FOR MY WATTPAD (holli3butbetter) but dont feel pressured to check it out <33

-
In the corner of the room, Grian's communicator had been buzzing none-stop. How long had it been since he passed out? It was now morning, 7:05am precisely, and he'd passed out the night before at around quarter to nine.

So it had been a while, not long enough for it to be super suspicious, but it was most definitely not normal for mr 'goes to sleep at 2am and wakes up at 6am'.

(9:03pm) iJevin: Mumbo your shop needs restocking btw
(9:04pm) Mumbo: Ive got the stuff i just need to put it all out tomorrow, what are you after in particular?
(9:04pm) iJevin: hoppers
(9:04pm) Mumbo: ah okay, yeah you can either come round rn or you can get them tomorrow, I'm in for a while now.
(9:04pm) iJevin: omw, i'll be there in 5 :)
(9:05pm) Mumbo: okay

Then a few minutes later;

(9:37pm) EvilXisuma: Grian how did the end go?
(10:20pm) Cubfan135: Maybe he's asleep?
(10:21pm) EvilXisuma: Maybe

Then like ten minutes later;

(10:42pm) Mumbo: Grian is a night owl, he's probably a bit tired from the end, y'know how it is. Or he doesnt have his communicator on.

-

As for Scar, he was currently in the process of making an 'army of Jellies'. Before he began the whole thing he already had like 10 Jellies, so it wasn't that painful to make the 'army'.
But just to set it straight, it was still painful af (figuratively).

So after like 7 hours straight of breeding the cats, he'd got a good amount that didn't cause too much chaos and lag. He had half a stack left, the time was 00:30 (half past midnight), Grian was usually very much awake at this time, so he could go and take them to him.

(00:30am) Goodtimeswithscar: Hey Grian, you in rn?
(00:32am) Xisuma: He's not replying anymore, probably an early night
(00:33am) Goodtimeswithscar: Okay I'll go in the morning.

-

Grian woke up, head pounding, heart pumping, being hit by the reminder of yesterday like a train. And wow, it was bad. The world was spinning before him. How long had he been out? It was now 8am exactly. He really needs to stop passing out, honestly.

From a while away, he could hear the distant sounds of rain falling graciously from the sky, the drops running in patterns. He slowly lifted from the floor and all the - paper - and headed to the door to exit, grabbing his headphones and... cracked communicator. His head was still fuzzy and eyes fighting their hardest to close again, not processing fully what was going on around him.

Fumbling about for a bit led him outside to the rainy paradise. Considering he was passed out like five minutes prior, you probably couldn't tell. He pressed a few buttons, opening Spotify, clicking his playlist and then putting on his ear phones.

'You see all the flowers in the weeds,
You're scared of the dark when you sleep,
You cover up your arms with your sleeves,
Even in hundred degree heat.'

The soothing sound of the rainfall around him soothed his mind as he walked, letting autopilot take control of his body.

'Your father was awfully mean
Your favorite color is green
It reminds you of the summer you turned three
Runnin' through sprinklers on your street'

He often felt connected with this song, like it understood him the most. Well other than the fact that his favourite colour was not in fact green, but it was red. His like for this colour began when he was very young though, when he would look at all the flowers, all the pretty red roses planted in specific areas in his back garden. But his father was very mean, his mother was okay but only when she was by herself. When they were both together, shit got bad really quickly.

'And you laugh and you dance in the wind
And you sway and you hug and you kiss
But there's darkness behind those eyes
Even when you smile'

How long had it been since he got a proper hug from a relative? He didnt even remember any family members who liked him when he was younger, well maybe his grandma... but she died just before he finished primary school so his memories were quite faded when it came to her. But he remembered the kindness in her smile, and how she would love him endlessly, no matter what. And thats what he loved most about her. But he didnt really want to cry out in the open, so he'd dwell on that another time.

'Oh, summer child
You don't have to act like all you feel is mild
You don't really love the sun, it drives you wild
You're lyin', summer child'

He was walking to the shopping district it seemed, navigating through the water via a spruce boat.

'Aren't you way too busy
Taking care of everybody
To take care of yourself?
When the sun goes missing
Aren't the flowers just as pretty?
Aren't the oceans just as deep?
The trees as green?
And as for me
I'll watch you weep
Oh, summer child
You don't have to act like all you feel is mild
You don't really love the sun, it drives you wild
You're lyin', summer child'

He started reading through the messages that had been sent on the group chat, replying that Scar could just drop them off, and that he was currently out.

-

Goodtimeswithscar was not having good times. He'd gone to Grian's after being told that he could, only to enter into the chest-monster room, to find what he would call a 'mess'. Paper. Everywhere.
The world seemed to slow as he picked up one of the pages...

7.03.2020

Oh, it was during season seven, so a few seasons ago...
He didnt know what it was, so he began to read...

-

Dear diary,

I cant deal anymore. It's hard to be alive, panic attacks come when I'm most vulnerable at the night. I cant sleep, they all say that I'm 'just a night owl' but nooo I'm not, surprise! I'm just not mentally okay-

-

He shouldn't be reading this. Xelqua must be Grian's friend from another server. He picked up all the pages, putting them back neatly in the leather-bound book, making sure he didnt read any of the pages. They weren't his business. But he was curious as to who Xelqua was and why Grian had their diary.

He'd ask him next time he saw him.

-

If he saw him.

This one isn't too bad of a chapter, but things will get a bit chaotic soon I suppose...

How is your day? I hope it's good! I go back to school later this week so that'll be fun. (Not at all fun)

Monday 5th September 2022

1196 words