twelve (12)

This is your chapterly reminder toCHECK THE TWS IN THE DESCRIPTION OF THE BOOK!!!!

"-n! GRian! Grian! Oh my god Grian i am so sorry!" Mumbo came bursting through the door, "Are you alright?!" He ran over to Grian, immediately pressing the back of his hand against the other's forehead, "You're hot" he announced, grabbing the remote and turning down the heat on the blanket. After doing so, he then went in for a hug.

"I'm so sorry!" He cried (not actually crying he's just feeling very guilty)

"Shhh" Grian shushed, slowly growing a headache from the wearing off of the medicine, "its okay" he whispered, hugging mumbo tightly.

As they pulled apart, False knocked on the door before entering with another pile of clothes and more medicine, "here," she said, "take these". Grian thanked her before swallowing the pill with a bottle of water. He grabbed the clothes before welcoming False in for a hug, which she took.

"Do you want to get changed in here or the bathroom?" Mumbo asked before False could even open her mouth.

"Bathroom" He replied, standing up for what felt like the first time in weeks, though it was just under a day. His legs were still rather shaky with each step, but he managed it okay nonetheless. Alas, he walked onwards to the bathroom, False following to make sure that he was okay - though of course she didn't actually go into the bathroom after him, because she believed in privacy.

-

For him, everything ached.

His arms felt heavy and legs like lead.

And it took bloody ages to get changed. Now, of course he didnt have his communicator with him so he wouldn't know. The sight of his arm sent a twinge down his heart. Also where on earth was his elytra?

After about twenty-or-so minutes, Grian was fully changed and exited the bathroom to return to False and Mumbo, who were now both in the room where his temporary bed had been placed, only to be additionally met with two other people; Ex and X.

"Oh- er hello" he awkwardly greeted everyone again:

"Hello!" They all replied out of sync.

"I'm so sorry for telling you to do better with punctuality Grian" X spoke up, apologising for burdening Grian, "And I'm sorry if it was on your mind while you didnt notice Mumbo with you"

Now it was Grian's turn to feel confused, "huh? Thanks?

Ex was equally as baffled, the same with False and Mumbo Jumbo.

X continued, "But are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm good I just wanna go home, how are you?" Grian shrugged,

A lightbulb seemed to light in False's head as she ran to the draw, pulling out a thermometer and telling Grian to lay back down, placing it on his head.

"Hmmmm..." She thought out loud "38.2*C, not bad, not bad. You are rather hot though," she rummaged further into the drawer, pulling out an ice pack from a chilly section (because she just had a random freezer section in her drawers??), "You wanna take off your sweater or keep it on?"

"Meh I'll keep it on, my bones're kinda aches anyway"

"I can help you if you want?" Ex offered.

"No I'm fine"

"You sure?"

"Yes." Grian replied with a smile on his face, "I feel kinda chilly too"

"Oh yeah you will, your temperatures will all be uneven and fu- messed up for a short while." Ex replied

Grian could see Mumbo's shoulders tense a bit from that last line, so by opening his arms wide he invited him in for another hug, which he soon took.

"Mumbo I'm fineee," He whispered, whining, "It's not your faultttt"
"But it is, what if-" Mumbo began;
"No." Grian replied flatly Mumbo was hereforth banned from blaming himself for the little predicaments which Grian often found himself stuck in, even if it was almost entirely his fault.

Anyhow, an ice pack had now found itself being held against Grian's forehead (by himself) while he restlessly asked when he could go home, feeling honestly a little homesick... or maybe just straight up sick. It was hard to tell at that moment.

"How long does this have to be here?" Grian asked, the ice pack slowly strengthening the headache as well as giving him intense brain freeze.

"Maybe an hour of so, then we can see if you're alright to go home or not. You may alternatively be moved to X's base because I've got to do stuff here. Bad timing, i know" - False

Grian smiled in understanding, "Okay,"

He just lay there for a while as the others all chatted amongst themselves. He couldn't keep the ice pack on for the whole hour as he soon found the cold rather unbearable, as well as uncomfortable and believe it or not, rather cold.

His body was hot but his head was cold, and his headache was overwhelmingly powerful. He felt as though he could pass out at any given moment. But he didnt, so he was fine, right?

The conversation came back to him when False put the thermometer back on his head again, "How are you doing, Grian?" She asked, you could tell that she was smiling through her voice.

"I'm okay, how are you?" It hurt to talk, his headache was worse than unbearable.

"I'm good, your temperature seems fine, but you've gotta stay under watch for a little bit to make sure that its alright and stuff."

"So can i go home?"

False sighed, "Okay, but we will check up on you loads. Mumbo and Ex can you take Grian to his base, I want to talk to X for a minute."

"Okay" Grian agreed, getting up the best he could and began to neaten up his bed, soon to be stopped by False,

"Oh no you don't need to do that, I'll do all this in a bit"

"Thank you," Grian spoke honestly, "for helping me with all this after the... incident."

"Oh no worries!"

Within the next few minutes, Grian, Ex and Mumbo had all left False's base (with Grian being adamant that he could fly alone with his 'only slightly damp' elytra wings, so Mumbo flew below him and Ex close behind), leaving just False and X behind.

-

Once again, there will be no upload tomorrow (on Monday 8th August 2022) because I'm going out of town and once again i need to prewrite!!!(sorry lmao))

Dump your thoughts and predictions on where this book is going; what do you think they'll talk about?;Do they know?;Is Ex truly okay now?;Who knows!!... well i do but thats besides the point.

What i can tell you though, is that shit happens fast, and most likely not in the way you'd expect : )

Have an epic week guys!!
07.08.2022
1140 words