nine (9)

This is your chapterly reminder toCHECK THE TWS IN THE DESCRIPTION OF THE BOOK!!!!

"Err..." X began.

"We're sorry we're late, mr X" Grian and Scar chorused, much like schoolboys.

"What?!" Ex choked, playing off his growing laughter as a cough.

Though it wasn't entirely visible, you could just tell that the admin shot a stern look at the now-choking man at that very moment.

"We organised this meeting yesterday, you of all people Grian should have known because you were with my brother at the time. Scar, you replied almost immediately after I sent the original message. In other words, you two'd better have some good excuses as to why you were late,"

Scar spoke up first, "I set off then realised I needed my flying rockets rather than my pretty blue ones, so i went back and got them then got distracted by a parrot ("pesky bird" corrected Grian) and then flew here!" He shrugged nonchalantly, this was fairly normal for him.

"Checks out - you, Grian?" X inquired.

"Overslept," There was really nothing else to it, he'd just slept longer than he originally planned to.

"Right... is there any reason as to why?"

Well yes X, there actually is. You see, a lack of sleep + sleep = yes. Duh.

"Yeah no that does make sense. I too would have overslept if not for the fact i was abruptly awoken by early bird Xisuma here, especially being up all night and probably day the day before" Ex cut in.

"...huh?" Scar was beyond confused - what was he insinuating?

"To be fair, sleeping in the day is just plain old difficult, so honestly smooshing two nights worth of sleep into one night is hard, as well as the fact that you er- have had a lot on your plate, surely breaking your leg and also doing a sh-uhhhhhh I mean A LOT of building too-" Ex was rambling again.

Add in a few mental things and he's spot on, Grian thought to himself as he just smiled at the situation.

"Okay fine, your story checks out as-well, Grian, though please do make more of an effort to be on time, I can show you how to set alarms on your communicator if you'd like me to."

"Err- right then! Yes please"

Scar suddenly gasped, "As much as I would like to continue this interrogation slash court case, i have left my dog in my garden! Oh nooo!" This comment cracked Grian's attempt at not laughing. Soon enough the whole room erupted with fits of laughter, while X, who'd been desperately trying to keep a professional poker face, had also been caught extremely off-guard by Scars sudden realisation; "Go save it then!" Grian shrieked.

With that, Scar swiftly disappeared from the room to go and, presumably, let his dog back inside.

"And with that conclusion," X clapped like a father when his kid just won an award while Ex gestured his hands towards the window, where you could now see Scar frantically flying home, "I think this meeting may as well be over, bye Grian have a nice day!"

"Goodbye! You too!" He replied before following suit in Scar's actions, also going home.

-

"BOO!" Mumbo screamed while Grian was mid-flight, soaring through the sky. Panicking, Grian accidentally closed his elytra. It wouldn't open again. He fell through the sky.

Falling.

Falling.

Falling.

"MUMBO HELP" He screamed, before crashing into the water with a large smash. Mumbo's face turned to fear as he watched the scene unfold before him. He jumped in to follow, shrieking; "Grian!"

It was cold. Bloody freezing. Grian choked on the water from the sudden plunge into water. After a few seconds submerged, he bobbed to the surface, gasping for any oxygen and fighting the currents, which were trying to drag him back under. He couldn't hear anything, his eyes blurred and painful to even think about, never mind even trying to open them.

He felt himself be yanked towards the shore, and also someone checking whether or not he was actually breathing. He was, in fact, breathing. Additionally to this, he was just frozen in shock and cold. He felt a hand that was equally as soaked as himself press against his forehead. As his ears faded back and began to unblock, he could hear the familiar sound of none other than Mumbo Jumbo desperately calling his name while trying to shake in any life that he could.

"Grian! Grian! GRIAN!" He spoke with something that could only be described as fear in his voice. Grian's eyes opened, red raw, making him close them again at the ever growing headache and general ache, snapping his hands over them, to cover and protect what was hidden under them. He spluttered, coughing unbearably as he was pulled into a hug by Mumbo.

And then he passed out, back into the peacefulness of the world in the side of his head that didnt wish for his unholy demise, his death.

-

"It- It was a harmless joke i swear!" Mumbo spoke quickly to false, who was currently helping Grian, mumbo had took Grian to her's as it was the closest to where they'd been.

"Mumbo don't worry, I know! Now go get a heated blanket to warm him while i check his temperature.

False sighed as she looked at the boy before her, he lay unconscious, his cheeks red raw and fingers turning blue and bruised.

He was cold to the touch, alive - but extremely cold. Mumbo instantly sped off while False grabbed a thermometer from the cupboard, placing it on Grian's forehead, 29°C, it read . That was a lot lower than what it should be, and even while unconscious he shivered vigorously.

Sorry folks, a bit of a shorter chapter today, but i wonder what's gonna go down with future chapters;)

WeLl you'll just have to find out soon hehehehheh

Sunday 24th July

990 words : )