twenty-two (22)

Hey guys you should check the trigger warnings!
5.5k VIEWS?? THANK YOU EVERYONE WTFF

It had been quite a while, Grian had no sense of time, he hadn't eaten, and he didn't know where the hell he was on Hermitcraft.
And honestly? He felt more alone than ever. It was... strange not being around all his friends.

And it was very much troubling when he thought he saw the silhouettes of them from the corner of his eye, but it was nothing; nothing was actually there. His eyes were just playing tricks on him.

He'd found a suitable place to set up a new place to live, it wouldn't be anything fancy, just a small wooden house. He'd gone very far away from everyone else, and he hadn't come across any villages for days, so none of them could snitch on him for his recent whereabouts.

-

At the meeting, it was absolute mayhem. Hermits very quickly began pouring into Xisuma's base, with Cub being first... and of course Scar being last, only like 10 seconds late. Look, it wasn't his fault that he was in the middle of baking apology cupcakes to give to Grian, so he'd hurriedly finished them up, he was almost done decorating them anyway, and brought them with him. He could give them to his friend at the meeting.

Well it wasn't complete mayhem at the meeting, it was just very sudden, unplanned and certainly unscripted - well not like things were normally organised anyway, it was just more disorganised than usual. There was a quick headcount which was less than one who should've been there (cough, cough, Grian) but that was expected. Kinda. Okay not really but they'd work with it.

Though they kinda hoped that he would just turn up to the meeting and everything would be alright, back to normal.

Though alas, it wasn't like that. Why would anything be alright when there was an option of chaos in life.

So they ploughed on, and Scar started the meeting off by sitting at the table holding some cakes, glancing around the room, and calmly asking, "Oh, where's Grian?"

X coughed, "Right, about that-"

"-is he missing?" Mumbo cut him off quickly, "I swear i saw him the other day, the day when you asked about the diary, Scar"

Ex sighed, "We believe so, which was why we called this meeting to ask when you last saw him and whereabouts it was that you did see him."

Ren raised his hand to speak, "Last week or something, he was catching me up about what I'd missed when i went on a trip to the nether, it was after his leg got better from being broken and we were at my base,"

Xisuma nodded, "Okay thank you, Ren, anyone else?"

All the other hermits raised their hand.

-

Grian couldn't walk any further, physically he was exhausted. And mentally, he'd been tired a while ago. He knew he probably needed to eat something or he'd die of starvation, but to be honest... he kind of enjoyed the pain. It made him feel.. seen, in a way. It proved to him that he really existed, and in a way that comforted him.

But it also hurt, i mean - it was definitely good in the fact that he was so trapped in his head now more than ever, that it was an escape from his thoughts. And he didn't know if that was worth it.

He grabbed some wood from his inventory and added to the little shack that he'd built. He couldn't make it too obvious that he was living there, because that would be like putting a target on his back, but he did want to feel slightly at home.

His arms were too weak to build in large blocks of time, because they were so achey and so heavy. They felt like they had weights attached to them whenever they were even attempted to be moved.

And his head, don't get me started on his head.
How it was even possible to feel so heavy-limbed yet so light-headed was an actual wonder. A defiance of science.
His mouth was ever so dry and breaths rattled in his chest, his mind was so numb yet it felt everything. His chest felt so cold.

But it was too late to turn back now.

-

The other hermits all gathered at spawn. With the help of Tango, they all now had inventories filled with shulkers upon shulkers filled with rockets as well as large amounts of food and drink, and also beds. They were now all more than set to go and find Grian.

Their plan was to split up as a group, and all fly off in different directions in attempt to find the hermits. It was decided for Gem to stay around the main bases, in case Grian came home, but also because all the pets and plants of the hermits needed feeding/watering daily, and if they were gone for a while then they would need attending to.

It wasn't a really emotional departure, because they would all most definitely reunite within like a day, a few days at the most.

The hermit who seemed to be most determined to find Grian was actually Mumbo, though it wasn't really that much of a surprise because nobody really knew what went on with those two, or where they stood. A very close second was Ex, which was kind of unexpected but not really, him and Grian was also very close indeed.

All the hermits missed him. The server felt kind of lifeless without their funny little friend and his funny little pranks across the server.

They had a huge group hug, before flying off, some north, west, south, east, north-north-west, south-east-east, and a lot of other directions too.

-

It actually didn't take very long to find the communicator that was smashed against a tree. By 'not long' it meant like several hours of pure flight. So yeah no it was actually quite a while.

It kind of stood out really, buzzing mercilessly and loudly against the quietness of the tree. You see, when a communicator breaks, it was coded to buzz after a while of not being fixed, and it would do that forever unless turned off by peeling back the seal of the screen from the bit you put around your wrist, and rip off the button completely.

So yeah, apparently Zedaph was in the right direction;

Zedaph: FOUND A COMMUNICATOR -299, 784

[pls i just made up those co-ords i have absolutely no idea where they are and stuff yea]

It pinged seconds after that,

Xisuma: What colour is the surroundings of the screen?

Zedaph: red

Xisuma: Then it is Grian's. I'm on my way rn

They were so much closer to finding their friend, and they were incredibly grateful for that. Because they really needed to make sure that he was safe.

-

The calm(ish) before the storm. Predictions here:

Anyways, how are you guys? Make sure you eat and drink today!!

What are you up to? I'm going to the cinema in a bit, which is funnn

Sunday 2nd October 2022,
1206 words