26. The Pipe Escapade and the boy who cried Daddy

Clarissa's POV

Clarissa's POV

Pipes? My eyes were still adjusting to the new found light as I rubbed my eyes with my sweater sleeve. Once I blinked my eyes a few times, my vision cleared viewing exactly what I thought I saw. A smile instantly graced my face as I glanced over all of the dirty, old pipes. Oh my gosh, these are actual pipes right in front of all of our noses. This is not a joke nor a drill. This is a sign. A big sign if these are what I think they are.

My thoughts were soon interrupted by my blonde best friend, who was still trying to recover from the darkness that we have been in for some time.

"I can't see anything. Mouth, Clary, your father's a plumber. What are these pipes all about?"

While the others were arguing amongst themselves, Mouth and I moved ahead to closely examine the collection of pipes that were in front display.

"Water pipes. That's what they appear to be." I explained as I titled my head up to look at one. In the meantime, Mouth walked closer to me and focused on a bunch to the right of me before turning around and looking at our group who was still caught up in their own thoughts.

"My sister's right. They look like water pipes. Gas pipes...drainage..Maybe...wait a minute guys!"

"Guys...can you stop talking for one second? Please?"

Nothing. Simply Nothing.

Alright. Here goes nothing.

"GUYS! SHUT UP!", I let out a loud yell which immediately called for everyone to look towards my brother and I with a look of surprise, especially Brand who just looked over at me with a look of shock before giving me a little smirk. I just shook my head in response with a small smile on my face.

"Thanks sis." My brother looked over at me with a look of appreciation, which I reciprocated with a smile and a nod.

"No problem!"

"Okay, look it. These pipes must lead to building or something: a foundation. So maybe if we bang on 'em hard enough —" Mouth is quickly interrupted by all of us immediately starting to bang on the pipes in hope that someone, anyone will be able to hear us and get help.

"—if we make enough noise..."

Third Person POV

As Clary and the rest of the gang start yelling and banging, even going as far as to yank on the pipes to grab attention of anyone who may hear them, a commotion begins to begin for up above is the Country Club!

A slightly overweight, balding old fellow exits a tennis court, greets a friend of his, and begins to lean over to a drinking fountain. But as he leans, the fountain lurches down, and further down towards the ground. He tries to lean down with it, but then it suddenly springs up, hitting him in the face and knowing him over.