27. Chunk's Motor Mouth, the Pitcher and the Flying Scrunchie

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

While Clary and the gang were inching closer towards the mysterious cave, Chunk was captured by none other than the infamous Fratellis.

The Fratellis have brought Chunk back to their hideout. In the kitchen, Mama Fratelli is hoping to terrorize him into talking. She turns on the blender and drops a tomato in for a "demonstration". The tomato is quickly pulverized and her aged face is brought into a wicked smile of approval before turning her face quick to examine the young boy.

Mama Fratelli swiftly snatched the boy's hand and directed it towards the blender and its' exposed blades while her sons were closely snug by the table watching the scene unfold.

"First we start with the fleshy little fingers, then the plump little hand—" She carried on bringing his hand closer and closer as the frightened Chuck started to sob.

"—Then the fleshy arm...Now, tell me where your other little friends are." Her hand smacked the table down startling the boy of the sudden action and she brought him close with an irritated glare present in her dead cold eyes.

Chunk's sobs grew louder and his voice trembled as he looked at the terrible child despising woman who was only a foot away from him.

"The fireplace."

"Don't lie to me!"

He swiftly shook his head out of retaliation to her response. "Honestly. We went over to Mikey's dad's place, and we found a map that said underneath this place there's buried treasure."

With irritation quickly bubbling inside the sons of Mama Fratelli, both Jake and Francis move forward mere inches towards Chunk, with Jake cornering him from behind and Francis close to his face holding his shirt into a closed fist.

Jake harshly pats his shoulders and crouches close to the side of his face. "Come on, don't give us none of your bullshit stories, huh."

"Hey kid. I want you to spill your guts. Tell us everything." Francis pipes in as he holds his shirt into a closed fist, merely cutting off his circulation as his face transforms into a beet red color and his tears continue to fall.

A squeak manages to spill out.

"Everything?"

"Everything!"

"Everything. Okay, I'll talk. In third grade I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade I stole my Uncle Max's toupe and I glued it on my face when I played Moses in my Hebrew school play. In fifth grade I knocked my sister Edith down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog..."

Down in the caves, Clary and the gang are climbing down into the new cave opened by the earlier blast of water. It is dark and mucky, and even with the lantern that they have, it is difficult to see.