19. Confessions

Clarissa's POV

Clarissa's POV

We were all standing near Brand, waiting for some sort of answer as to why he was acting stranger than he normally is. I didn't understand who he was referring to. From what I recall, I don't know any Andrews. Part of me though thought he might be jealous? That couldn't be it though, right?

I looked up at the older Walsh boy anticipating for an answer. He was gazing at me for what seemed like forever. It seemed as though he was lost in thought so I gave him a small smile.

"Heyy...loverboy you gonna  say something or just stand there? We got people to see, places to go, and treasure to steal—" Mouth ranted before Mikey jabbed him in the stomach. Mikey sometimes found that Mouth doesn't plan what he is going to say, he just says what he wants. In this case Mikey figured his annoying older brother had a crush on Clary, he just doesn't know how to say it.

"What? It's true isn't it?" Mouth asked with a shrug. He looked around at everyone who all had the same response; simple nods or "yeah".

"Shhh. Just wait." Mikey remarked.

"For what?" the boys asked before noticing Brand had finally gotten out of his trance. Brand felt a new found confidence that he didn't feel before and knew that he had to finally confess his feelings. He deeply cared for the blonde since they were kids and couldn't last another minute.

I glanced to see Brand was now in front of me. His eyes glanced over my face; my chocolate brown eyes, my small nose, my light pink tinted lips, to the small freckles that scattered lightly over my cheeks. His eyes then zoomed in on my eyes.

I suddenly felt a hand lightly grab mine, causing my body to feel all warm inside. What was he planning on doing?  This question kept flooding through my mind.

My thoughts were soon interrupted as he began to speak.

"Clary, you have no idea how unique you are do you? It is crazy because I have known you since we were little, but it is always the little things about you that make me smile. You have an indescribable beauty to you; you have blonde hair that reminds me of the sun, your beautiful brown eyes that I could get lost in for hours if you let me, your little freckles that sprawl along your face as if they were small stars, and then your laugh. Don't even get me started on your laugh. You have this infectious laugh about you that even if I am having a bad day always manages to make me laugh, which I never understood how. I love it. You are so smart and kind to everyone that you meet, it would be impossible to not like you. Whenever I see you, It's as though the world stops and I get to see beauty in its absolute best form. You drive me crazy in the best way possible and I couldn't imagine my life without you in it. Clarissa Devereaux, I love you." His smile wide as he cups my face in his one hand while holding my hand in the other.

I froze. My mind couldn't believe it. I was so happy that I couldn't even describe it. Brand has been a big part of my life as I have grown up and the fact that he actually felt something for me, makes me feel warm inside. I care for him so much and I still can't believe that he said he loved me cause I love him too.