4. Data's Crash Landing and the Broken Statue

—

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

While everyone is all settled in the Marsh's living room, music can lightly be heard from the house next door.

Data's Residence

Data loads a cassette into a Walkman on his belt, James Bond music starting up. He has a tight-wire strung from the top of his house to the roof overhang over the Walsh's veranda next door.

"Okay Data, don't mess this one up, and prepare for Wings of Flight", he says to himself out loud, hoping that everything will work as it should.

Clarissa's POV

I ended up sitting on the edge of Brand's chair while he sits down and stretches with the equipment, while the boys are sitting in a huddle on the ground. I noticed that Chunk was near the coffee table munching down on chips, causing me to stiffle a laugh due to the crumbs that were all over his face. I will never understand how that boy can eat so much and still manage to make a mess.

However, Brand heard cause he looked in my direction.

He had a smile on his face. "What are you laughing about?", he asked letting go of the equipment piece.

"Chunk and his ability to make a mess out of whatever he eats or gets into", I respond with a hushed tone so Chunk doesn't hear me.

Brand looks over before looking back at me and he laughs with a shake of his head.

"Who knows. He's Chunk", he states causing me to laugh.

Our laughs were soon interrupted by the boys shouting at something outside.

I looked up from my spot on the edge of the chair to see Data hanging from a wheel-type mechanism and heading straight towards the back door.

"Uh-oh! Screen door" starts Mikey. He then turns towards Mouth.

"Open the screen door!", he shouts as Data is getting closer.

Data out of fear of getting hurt yells. "Mikey! The screen door!"

However, it was too late. Data crash lands through the door into everybody in the living room, causing all of us to fall over. Data crashes into Mikey, who then crashes into Mouth, who crashes into Brand, who then crashes into me, and then I crash into Chunk.

I let out a small groan at the impact. Brand put a hand out for me with a slight concern in his facial expression. I smiled before taking his hand. As I stood up, I dusted off my sweater and overalls.

I was then broken out of my little bubble with Brand, when all of a sudden I heard a loud impact

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I was then broken out of my little bubble with Brand, when all of a sudden I heard a loud impact. Everyone looked over towards Chunk, who knocked over a tall porcelain ornament.

We all froze, because knowing Chunk for as long as we have, he is well-known for his clumsiness.

"Chunk", yells Mikey.

Chunk had a proud expression on his face, "Hey, I bet you guys thought I was going to drop it, huh? Ha ha--", he start with a chuckle as he placed the ornament back on the table.

"I knew you would think that from good old chunk.", he says with a smile.

However, clumsy Chunk hadn't steadied it to ensure its stability and it ended up falling off the table and dropping to the floor with a thud.

My eyes widened as I brought my hands to my mouth. Oh Chunk.

Brand and Mikey were annoyed.

"Oh my God!", shouts Mikey at the same time Brand shouts "You Idiot!"

To calm him down, I put a hand on his muscular arm.

"Relax Brand. It's okay. He didn't mean it".

He looked over at me and his body immediately relaxed and he nodded with a smile.

Chunk then picked it up, apparently in one piece, causing all of us to sigh in relief.

"Look it's not broken. It's perfect", Chunk states with a chuckle as he holds the statue in his hands.

The statue was of a nude man and Mikey looked down towards a certain area where a piece was not where it should be. I looked over to what he was staring at and my eyes widened.

"Ummm..." I started just as Mikey spoke "Oh my God".

Chunk out of confusion asked "what?"

"That's my mom's favorite piece", Mikey responded.

"What? asks Chunk again.

Out of worry, Mikey positions the piece to show everyone.

"Oh my god", states Chunk.

"You wouldn't be here if it wasn't" remarks mouth earning a smack in the back of the head from me and Mikey and Brand telling him to shut up.

"So abusive", states Mouth with a playful glare who was also rubbing his head from the smack.

"You deserved that one because you're not helping the situation", I responded back with a hand on my hip.

"Yeah, why don't you listen to your sister for once", agreed Brand from next to me. That resulted in an eye roll from Mouth.

Deciding to change the subject, Data spoke.

"Hey, any of you guys ever heard of Detroit?"

"No", said Mikey.

"Soitenly. That's where Motown started. It's also the highest murder rate in the country", remarked Mouth.

"Well let me tell you what. That's where we're moving when we lose our house tomorrow", replied Data with a sigh.

Quick to respond, Mikey stated "You shut up about that stuff. It'll never happen. My dad'll fix it".

"Yeah, sure he will. If he gets his next four hundred paychecks by tomorrow afternoon", responded Brand.

"That's wrong Brand. It won't happen!", remarks Mikey hoping that the situation will be taken care of.

Don't worry Mikey. I'm with you there.

Author's Note ~ 

Hi everyone!! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and please feel free to vote or leave a comment! I truly appreciate it and I love reading all of your comments :)

Your support means the world!! ♥︎

Thank you all so so much and I love you all!

              Xx Malyndah

The Goonies// Brand Walshजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें