20. Creature Fear and Nervousness

Clarissa's POV

Clarissa's POV

I was so right when I said that we were in for way more than we bargained for. Now you see a typical teenage girl would probably be laying on her bed right now, flipping though pages of a magazine and gushing over the heart throbs within it to her best friend on the phone. Me? Not so much. Instead, I am huddled with my friends in an old abandoned dusty restaurant awaiting to see a chained creature down the hall. Not something I ever thought I'd do nor say but I guess you know what they say;

Expect the unexpected.

My thoughts were interrupted by a tug on my sweater. I looked down to see Data with a nervous look on his face and his hand stretched out. I reassured him with a smile before grabbing his hand. His body shifted closer to me for comfort. On the other side of me, Brand had our fingers intertwined and made sure he was in front of me a bit just in case something happened. I smiled at the thought. Brand was so sweet. I leaned over gently and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. He looked back towards me and smiled.

All of us were in a huge huddle. Brand, Data and I were on the left and then Mouth, Chunk, Andi, and Stef were on the right, making Mikey be the lead. However, Brand kept him close by clutching onto the back of his jacket so he wouldn't go too close to whatever the creature was.

Our strides were slow but as we neared closer, all of our fear got stronger. Data ended up letting go of my hand to go by my brother, Chunk, and Mikey, causing Brand and I to fall to the back of the group.

"Part of it's human. Do you wanna see it?" This caused a groan to escape everyone's lips. "Don't worry. It's chained to the wall", he assured us.

He led us closer to the "room", which was making me nervous. I mean what if it goes after us? What if it breaks off the chain and goes after Mikey and my brother? I really wasn't liking this idea.

Brand could tell I was scared cause I was shaking, so he brought me over closer to the back of the room. "Hey, hey Clary everything is going to be okay. You have to breathe. Come on breathe with me. In and out." My mind was racing with a million thoughts and my eyes were glancing all around. Brand grabbed my face in his hands bring his face close to mine. He kept taking deep breaths in hope that I would calm down.

"Clary, please look at me. Babe, look into my eyes." My breathing soon calmed down and my eyes soon stopped and focused on his. His brown orbs that I swear I could get lost into. A small smile brought its way to my face and Brand let out a small breath he was holding.

He let out a small chuckle as he looked over my face. "There you go, yes you're doing great. Nothing is going to happen. I promise you. I won't let anything happen you to anyone, especially you." I nodded before snuggling into his warm embrace, his arms enveloping around me and his lips placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

Third Person POV

Mikey shushed everyone, after the noise of a loud groan and chains could be heard only a few feet away. 

Mouth may not always show it but he was scared. " I don't wanna go, Mikey. I don't wanna go. I just..." Mouth looked around the room in search for his sister. He really wanted a hug in hopes that it would make him feel better. 

He finally spotted her in the back with Brand, who was giving her a hug. Mouth figured she was just as nervous and scared as he was  but needed his sister's comfort. Although he teases and bickers with his sister a lot, he still loves her a lot and cares about her even if she drives his nuts sometimes. He knows it's just her way of showing she cares. 

Clary released from her hug with Brand before noticing her brother was coming over. She smiled and with a knowing thought in her mind, opened her arms wide which her brother gladly took and wrapped his arms around his sister's frame. She was quick to wrap her arms around him bringing him close to her. Brand noticed their brother-sister interaction and smiled. He loved how kind and selfless she was when it came to her friends and family. That was one thing he loved about her. 

"I'm sc- scared Clary. I don't want to see it. What if-" He mumbled low but she could still hear it and brought him even closer. Knowing her brother was scared made her even more determined to protect him and make sure nothing happens to him. 

She bent down a little and put her hands on her brother's shoulders. "Heyy, listen to me Clarke.  I know you're scared. I'm scared too. This has been a crazy adventure so far but you have to be brave. We all have to. I am here for you. I'm your big sister and I will always be there for you. You're stuck with me whether you want to be or not. Siblings for life, remember?" A smile makes it's way on her face as she ruffles his hair before putting her fist out. 

He nods before chuckling. "Siblings for life" and fist bumped her. He felt a little bit better afterwards and gave her a quick hug before returning towards the boys. 

"Aww that was so cute", Andi gushed at the interaction Clary had with her brother. 

"Agreed. Never knew that Mouth was a softie. He always acts like he is scared of nothing. Well we all know now that that isn't true, right Clarke?" Stef teases causing Mouth to turn around towards the blonde. 

"Hey! No one gets to call me that, okay? The only person I even tolerate saying my actual first name is my sister, cause she shares the same feeling with her name." Mouth barks with an annoyed look on his face. 

"Wow, relax fido. I was just messing around. Didn't mean to get your panties in a twist." Stef laughs more causing Mouth to roll his eyes and was about to storm over again before Clary placed her hand on her brother's chest. 

"Let it go Mouth. It was just a joke. She didn't really mean it, right Stef?" Clary asks looking at her friend with a knowing look. 

Stef noticed the look and quickly nodded her head, although small chuckles were still managing to escape her lips every couple of seconds. 

Mouth still irritated, gave Stef a look before walking back over towards the boys. Stef wasn't bothered by it and was replaying the whole scene in her head. 

However, one thing for sure that Clary knew was that it would be a very long night and more would be coming that they would never expect. 

Author's Note ~

 Hi Everyone! Finally updated in what seems like forever!! I apologize for the lack in updates, considering my last update was over 3 MONTHS ago! Crazy but sometimes that happens with busy lives.

However, I had a lot of fun with creating some of the moments that come a long in this chapter and I really hope that you enjoy it! I have received so many amazingly sweet and kind comments about this story and a lot about updates so that makes me feel so happy that people are enjoying it so much! I love you all!

And as always, feel free to leave any comments down below! 

- Did you have a favorite character in this chapter?

- Who is your favorite character?

- Did you have a favorite moment that went down in this chapter?

 I love reading your comments and would love to know your opinions on the story so far and/or on the three questions above! 

           Lastly, Hope you all enjoyed! 

                         Xx    Malyndah