7. Treasure Map and the tale of One-Eyed Willy

Clarissa's POV 

"Sorry about that. I mean that thunder literally came out of nowhere", I apologize bringing my hand back from his and placing it back by my side.

He chuckles a bit before looking back down at me, considering what I'm assuming is a 7 inch difference between us. But, I'm not complaining.

"Clary, it's okay. You didn't know that was going to hap—"

Brand was abruptly cut off by another rumble of thunder causing us to both jump again, this time him holding on to my hand.

"—pen", he finishes his sentence with a small smile on his face, causing me to mimic his actions.

I just let out a laugh. "Don't worry Brand. It's okay. You didn't know that was going to happen", I reply repeating his last words from a couple of seconds ago, causing him to chuckle.

"You are something else, aren't you?", he asks, amusement clear in his voice. 

"I guess so, but I think you like it", I said with a chuckle and patted him on his rather built chest, before walking off to find the boys.

As I walked off, I could have sworn I heard him say "You have no idea", but I shrugged the thought away.

I found all the boys a couple of seconds later; they were all looking at different stuff, except Mikey. He was still trying to beg everyone to leave the attic. A frown etched its way on my face. I felt bad for him.

"Hey Mikey, this is great. We only have old Hanukkah decorations in our attic.", spoke Chunk referring to the decorations that were around a small area of the attic.

Mikey just shook his head and ignored his comment.

"I don't care what you have in your attic.", he stated frustrated.

Thunder then rumbled again, it seemed a lot louder than the last two times, causing Mikey to take a puff of air in his inhaler. I walked over towards him and put a comforting hand on his shoulder, a small smile etched upon my face. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Th- Thanks Clary", he smiled with a tint of a blush on his cheeks.

I nodded with a smile. "Of course. I get how you feel. Just try to relax a bit, okay? Everything's okay."

He nodded before looking over at the rest of the guys, who were still looking at the wide variety of things. I mean, I have to admit myself that some of this stuff I kinda cool.

"Okay guys, you saw it. Now let's get out of here, okay?", states Mikey.

"Come on, Mikey, let's stay a little.", pleads Data as he looks over towards the asthmatic boy.

Brand then decides to pipe in. "Scared, Mikey?"

Chunk, pretending to be a pirate and brandishing a sword looks right over at Mikey.