15. Thoughts and the Surprise Attack

Clarissa's POV

Clarissa's POV

Talking to my friends, especially Andi and Stef was nice. Just nice to be able to talk about girly things, like clothes, magazines and all of the gorgeous models that we wish we could be like that are on each page, and then of course crushes. It just feels...normal, especially in a moment that seems so chaotic — with the foreclosure of our homes, the boys wandering off, and the fact that Brand and I could have almost face planted with one of the many glorious and tall trees down the hill. It's just been crazy and I really hope that we can all just go home. But, for some reason in the back of my mind I feel like that is not going to happen any time soon and that home is going to be the least of our worries. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

My thoughts were soon interrupted by an arm looping with mine. I glance over to see Andi shaking like a leaf. No wonder she was cold. She was wearing a mini skirt and the Letterman jacket of the oh so lovely jerk that we like to refer to as Troy — more like idiot with a side of whiny and a dash of his charming cocky personality if you ask me. I swear the next time I see that pretty boy, I'm going to give him a little dose of payback that he won't see coming.

"I'm sorry Clary, It's just it is like freezing out here. And you look really cozy so I thought i would try to warm up" Andi rambled as she hugged me to get warm.

I let out a laugh. "No worries Ands. But, please when you are done with that jacket, I would demolish it...like ASAP."

A grin appeared to Andi's face. "Oh. I'm way ahead of you there. I would do it now, If it weren't for the fact that this jacket is my only source of warmth at the moment, aside from you."

"Can I help too? Right when you went off the cliff earlier, I thought you got hurt and I was this close to punching him. Boys are such tools." Stef remarks with a shake of her head and pinching her fore finger and thumb together to show a very tiny in-between state of her restraint of punching Troy.

"Absolutely! Nobody messes with us. Were the core three—" Clary started

"— ever since Pre-K. If you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us." We all chanted in sync before letting out giggles and chuckles.

Our little moment was soon over as we hear a loud crash coming from the restaurant. Brand approaches us.

"You wait here one second, okay?— He turns back to the restaurant; the girls and I follow part way. —I'll be right back. I'm gonna go get my brother, alright? His eyes then revert towards mine and a small smile graces his kind and attractive features. "I'm going to go grab your brother too, before they do anything else stupid"

"Thank you", I return the smile. He nods before jogging off towards the restaurant.

As Brand returns to the restaurant, the girls and I decide to walk off on our own for a bit, murmering amongst ourselves.

"Clary, you know we love you but we are getting out of here. It's cold and it's getting dark out" the girls remark.

"Ands. Stef. Brand will be back any minute with the boys and then we can all walk together to get out of here. It's safer in a bigger group than you two walking off on your own." I reply as we are walking along.

Third Person POV

Seconds later, Clary trods upon a rake. It springs up, a foot from her face. Some rotten old rags and a dead fish are stuck to the end. The girls scream with horror at the sudden gargoyle.

As the girls are screaming, Andi pushes Clary towards it, as if she was a shield before both Andi and Stef scream more and rush quickly towards the restaurant. What Andi didn't realize was that she pushed Clary a little bit too hard and she smacked her head hard face first on the rake. Clary wobbled a bit before collapsing on the grass, her eyes blinking a couple of times before they softly closed and she was surrounded by darkness.

 Clary wobbled a bit before collapsing on the grass, her eyes blinking a couple of times before they softly closed and she was surrounded by darkness

Author's Note ~

Finally Updated a Chapter and not any announcements! I hope you all enjoyed it! I tried to make it have a bit of a little twist and some comedy tweaked in there too!

As always please feel free to vote & comment what you thought! I absolutely love reading all of your comments! :)

I hope you all enjoyed it and I love you all

             XxMalyndah