2. Last Cheer Practice?

High School Field Football and Cheerleading Practice

The girls were all finishing up practice while talking a bit with one of another. Clary sighed knowing this was her last cheerleading practice before she was forced to move due to greedy land developers who are planning to expand their country club with a construction of a stupid golf course, that is pushing a foreclosure on all of the houses in a certain part of Astoria. The Goondocks. It frustrates Clary because a lot of people are being forced to move. Including her and her brother.

"I can't believe it", states Andi breaking Clary out of her thoughts.

"What?", Clary asks her best friend.

"It's just this is our last practice together. I mean you have been my best friend since practically forever and now you are being forced to move. I mean who am I supposed to go shopping with, cheerlead with, and talk about boys with...", states Andi who has an upset facial expression written across her face.

"Oh. You mean Troy, the oh so tough jock that is checking you out by the football goal?", Clary asks with a teasing smile across her face.

Andi looks over at Clary with a light blush on her cheeks.

"Whaaat? I don't like Troy?", Andi says looking down.

Clary let's out a laugh before looking at Andi who is now looking at her with a playful glare, considering she tells Clary everything.

"Andi. Sweetheart. You totally do. I mean seriously you like him. He likes you. Date. It's easy peasy Ands", Clary states as she walks over and puts an arm over her best friend's shoulder, glancing between Andi and Troy.

"Just think about it. You are a cheerleader and he is a football player. You'd both make that super cute power couple that runs the school with your popularity and both of your guy's good looks...", Clary states with a smile and wiggling her eyebrows making Andi laugh.

After Andi stopped laughing she looked at her best friend.

"What?", Clary asked looking around before looking back at her best friend.

"Nothing really. I just know things won't be the same without you here. I mean I won't be able to have 'these' kind of talks", Andi states as she gestures to herself and Clary.

Clary ends up understanding her point. She knows she'll be leaving alot behind. Childhood memories, her friends, places she has been since a kid, etc.

Clary takes a deep breath before looking back at Andi.

"I know Andi. It's hard for me too. I mean I'll be leaving you, Stef, the boys and all of you", she states gesturing to all of the girls on the team, gathering their attention out of their little conversations.

All the girls on the team end up nodding before everyone gives Clary a big hug, causing Clary to smile and laugh at the sudden approach. When the group hug is done, she looks over at Andi and Andi gives her a big hug, causing her to smile.

"Okay. Okay. But not to worry, we still have the weekend before you leave to do something. You won't be leaving me that easily", Andi states releasing her best friend from a hug and placing both her hands on Clary's shoulders. Clary smiles and nods.

"Okay girls. I just want to say great job today and that practice is down with today. I'll see you girls next time", she states to the girls.

The girls all smile, nod, and grab their things and all dismerse, either walking home or getting a ride.

"Clary, do you need a ride?", asks Andi as she grabs her things.

"Umm... I'm good but maybe I'll catch up with you later, okay?", Clary responds while grabbing her things and looking around.

"Okay", states Andi as she gives her friend a hug before walking away.

Clary then walks the other way and heads home.

The Devereux Residence

Clary walks inside the home and walks towards her room, passing by her brother's empty room, figuring he went to the Walsh's house, where Brand and Mikey live. She happened to have a crush on the older Walsh and a good friendship with the younger one. She closed her bedroom door, laid her stuff down on her made bed, and went towards her closet. She took out a grey-colored sweater, a pair of light blue overalls, and a pair of short white converse. She quickly stripped out of her cheer clothes and put them in a hamper she had in her room before slipping into the clothes she grabbed from the closet. Once she was finished, she grabbed her hairbrush from her dresser and brushed out her blonde waist-long hair and pushed the hair out of her chocolate brown eyes before looking at herself in the mirror. Clary has been known to be a very beautiful being. She is known to the height of 5'3, with long arms that go down to her hands; that consist of long fingers that helped her when it came to her piano lessons she took and then her long but pretty nails that are painted a light pink color.

"All done", she stated before leaving her room and leaving her house to head off to the Walsh's where she was pretty positive her brother was at, considering she told him and her parents that she was at cheer practice and that she'd meet up with her brother after she went home and got changed out of her cheer clothes.

Author's Note ~

Hi everyone!! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and please feel free to vote or leave a comment! I truly appreciate it and I love reading all of your comments :)

And for those that do, thank you so very much! It makes me beyond happy that people are enjoying my book and it's chapters.

Additionally, please feel free to provide any feedback that you think could help to make my book better.

Thank you so much again and I love you all! ♥︎

Xx Malyndah