11. Rough landings and Old Restaurants

Clarissa's POV

Clarissa's POV

"Ouch". That was all I could say. After Troy's idea of flinging us off the corner with his stupid red mustang, Brand and I flung off of my bike and tumbled down the hill until we finally slowed down once we reached a flat area, which was luckily grass and not rocks. Not that we didn't encounter those or twigs. Yeah, we encountered a lot of those. Trust me, when I say It was not fun. I was mainly just happy that I decided not to wear a skirt and stuck to wearing my overalls. Now, that  would not have been fun at all. However, both Brand and I were okay - only having a couple scratches here and there and messy hair, mine especially.

"Clary? Are you okay?", Brand asked from beside me. We were both laying next to each other on the grass after tumbling down the hill.

"Yeah. Just a little bit out of breath.", I exclaim as I take in a breath. I swear next time I see Troy, I'm going to give him my specialty knuckle sandwich. I think he'd love it. And trust me when I say he'll never even see it coming either.

"Good. I wouldn't want you to have gotten hurt", he replies with relief in his voice as he glances over at me. I smile back at him. His hair was a little bit messier now. His bandana was still on but not as tight as it was earlier. No doubt in my mind loosening from our fall. He had a bit of sweat on his face, near his forehead and cheeks but it didn't look bad on him. It kind of made him look even cuter than before, which I know probably sounds cheesy but it was true. The fact that he wanted to make sure that I was okay was another thing that made me feel more attracted to him too.

A few moments later, Brand gets up off the ground, holding out his hand for me. I gladly take it. As I stand up, I notice his eyes are fixated on something.

"What?", curiosity clear in my voice.

He reached his hand out near my face and pulled out a couple of leaves that were in my hair.

"Oh. Thanks", I say with a chuckle as I put a piece of my hair behind my ear.

He smiled down at me. "You're welcome."

"So, what are we supposed to do now? I have no idea where my bike went and I don't really want to have to go all the way back up there", I exclaim. He lets out a chuckle before nodding.

"I feel ya there. I guess we're just going to have to walk then", he replies.

"Alrighty. Well, I guess you and I better get going then. Who knows where they could've went off to", I say with a smile.

**

Third Person POV

A clearing by the ocean, near the Old Lighthouse Lounge

Mikey and the others are carrying their bikes, struggling up a steep hill by the seaside.

"Forget it", states Mouth.