24. Bully Blinders and Chunk's not so hero plan

Clarissa's POV

Clarissa's POV

We were all making our way down the dark tunnel, looking for a way out. It was very dark and gave off a creepy vibe. I wasn't a super big fan of it mainly because I couldn't see much of what was in front of me.

"Oh my goodness. I wonder how long this goes", I questioned out loud to myself. I saw in the corner of my eye Stef and Andi nodding their heads in agreement.

"Yeah, we've been walking forever. How long do you plan on going?", Andi asked everyone, but particularly towards Brand who was leading the group.

A second later I heard a shout escape from Stef's lips. "Ow! Mouth, you stepped on my foot." Immediately afterwards I heard an audible crunch. I grimaced at the sound, wondering as to what just broke.

"I dropped my glasses; I can't see a thing. Oh my God", Stef let out as she tried finding them. I tried to bend down in search for them as well but with it being so dark, it was a bit of a challenge. I really just hope though that the crunch sound I heard earlier wasn't them because that would really suck for Stef and her eyesight.

Mikey bent down and picked up Stef's damaged glasses and handed them to her. "I found your glasses. Sorry."

Stef had a look of frustration upon her face. "You broke my glasses. You broke my glasses! Oh." I walked over to her and gave her a comforting pat on her shoulder. She gave me a small smile in return.

"Listen, guys. Listen, guys. I'm the oldest, so I'm in charge. First, we'll..."

Mikey then piped up. "Data?"

"What?"

"Do you have a light?"

Brand started getting annoyed and turned towards his brother. "I said I was in charge." He then turned over towards where Data was standing.

"Do you have a light?"

Data started to think. "A light... sure guys! Back up. Back up." We all slowly back up away from him as he opens his coat and pulls a string.

"Bully Blinders!", he announces to us all with a proud tone as two small high-powered spotlights spring up from his hips.

"Alright. Ow!", Brand shouts as he shields his eyes. From where I am standing near the group, I could tell the lights appeared to be pretty blinding with how bright they were.

Data's gadget lives up to its name that's for sure. With everyone's eyes now accustomed to the dark, the blinding white light is painful. All of us turn our faces away in response.

"You know, one day when I was walking home with this thing, and a couple big guys jumped me..." Data started to explain.

Data moves slightly as he is talking and the "Bully Blinders" now shine in everybody's eyes. I immediately start squinting my eyes as I put my hands out to see if there is anyone close to me. A moment later, I feel the cloth of what appears to be a jacket.