8. Foreclosure Papers

Clarissa's POV

Clarissa's POV

We were all standing along the front porch looking at the rain when we noticed Elgin Perkins, the local tycoon, was at the door with another man, Bill both holding umbrellas. Mouth, who was close to my side seemed to recognize him.

I glanced down at him as he mumbled something. "Senior jerk alert." As he said that I looked up and immediately recognized Mr. Perkins as Troy's father. I never really was a fan of Mr. Perkins or Troy, but I've learned to keep my opinion of that to myself. I mean I can't tell Andi that or else she wouldn't be very happy with me, especially considering she likes him. Don't get me wrong, Andi and Troy would be a cute couple, it's just I think he needs to cut down on the cockiness and have an attitude check.

Brand decides to step into the conversation.

"Can I help you?"

"Hello, little guys. I'm Mr. Perkins, Troy's father", he says with a smile as he glances at the boys before his eyes stop on me and his smile gets bigger.

"Oh, hello Clary. I didn't know that you would be here. It's nice to see you again", he says with a smile.

My eyebrows furrow a bit before replacing it with a believable yet fake smile on my face. "Like wise."

His attention then diverted from me and back to the boys.

Data decides to speak up. "We know who Troy is. He's such a cheap guy."

Brand motions for Data to stop talking. "Shut up".

He then looks back at Mr. Perkins. "My Dad's not home, Mr. Perkins."

"Is your mommy here?"

"No sir, actually she's down at the market buying Pampers for all us kids."

Mr. Perkins laughs slightly with Bill. "Papers, Bill."

Bill hands the papers to Mr. Perkins and he hands them out towards Brand.

"You can give these papers your father to, uh, read through, and sign..."

Brand steps down from the porch into the rain and collects the papers.

Once he grabs them, Perkins speaks up. "...we'll be by to pick them up in the morning."

A tight smile forms on Brand's face. "Thank you."

"Thank you", Mr. Perkins responds with some delight as If Brand is doing some sort of favor.

Once Brand returns to the porch with the rest of us, I look out and glare at the retreating men both wearing big smiles on their faces as they get back in their car.

I let out a groan before speaking up. "Who do they think they are?"

Brand glances over towards me before looking at the men drive away in their car.

"I know. Look at 'em smilin'."

Data pipes up. "They can't wait until tomorrow when they foreclose on all the...whatever you call it."

"Trash the Goondocks.", Mouth grumbles.

"When they wreck our house I hope they make it a sandtrap", states with an annoyed look on his face.

"And never get their balls out!", Mikey adds causing me to let out a loud snort.

The boys all divert their attention from the diverting car towards me and I quickly widen my eyes and clap my hands over my face.

"Did I really just-"

"Yes, yes you did big sis.", Mouth confirms my thoughts with a clap on my back, and no doubt in my mind does he have that signature smirk plastered on his face.

I part my index and middle fingers on both of my hands to look to see the guys still staring; Mouth with his smirk that I confirmed, and the guys all with either a look of amusement or shock. The one that I stopped to look at the most though was Brand; his face showed a look of both amusement and something else that I couldn't exactly put my finger to it. I shook my thoughts away quickly before putting my hands down.

Chunk decides to go back inside the house. "You know, I think they made me lose my appetite." I follow him inside the house, a look of disbelief on my face.

"You? Lose your appetite?", I ask him as I walk side by side next to Chunk, with the rest of the guys following behind.

"I know! It's shocking right?", Chunk responds.

Third Person POV

Mikey is now alone on the porch, while Clary and the rest of the guys are inside. Brand comes out a side door and goes over to Mikey.

"Mikey? Come on, before you catch a real cold.", he says as he drags a limp and depressed Mikey back in to the house.

Meanwhile, Bill and Mr. Perkins are talking among themselves in the car.

"You seem to be pretty sure of yourself." Bill speaks up as he glances over towards Mr. Perkins.

A big smile appears on his face. "The foreclosure is a definite", before continuing to drive away from the Walsh Residence, where the group of kids come up with a plan to stop the foreclosure.

-

Author's Note:

Hi guys! Just wanted to make a couple of quick announcements for you.

The first is I wanted to apologize for my slow updates. I've been a bit busy at times and at other times It kind of slips my mind, so I wanted to apologize for that, but from now on I have Slow Updates. Don't worry. I haven't forgotten about my book.

Second I just want to say a huge thank you to all of you for all of your support, for reading, and for adding to your reading lists. Because of you, I have 5.6k reads. You're all amazing and because of my slow updates and the short chapter......

I'M DOING ANOTHER CHAPTER TODAY JUST FOR YOU ALL!!

I truly hope you all enjoy and please feel free as always to vote or comment.  ↓↓

I love you all ♥︎

            Xx Malyndah