17. The Boys' Plan and a Suspicious Best Friend

Clarissa's POV

Clarissa's POV

Everything seemed back on track, after the whole rake incident. I was glad that everyone was worried about me, it showed that they cared for me and I noticed genuine concern about my well being from everyone, especially from the little runt that I call my kid brother and from Brand. Most people wouldn't know it but my brother means more to me than anything else, despite the teasing because I'm supposed to watch over him and protect him. He is my family and family is everything. My friends are like my own little family to me too, for when I care for someone I truly care for them and it takes a really hard time for that to just go away. So, knowing that they care and were concerned makes my heart warm and smile.

My thoughts were interrupted as I glanced out of the corner of my eye, spotting a familiar head of brown hair dash towards the filthy restaurant with the rest of the boys.

"Mouth..." I groaned a bit for he was already way ahead of me to even possibly hear me.

"Where are those boys going?" remarks Stef as she grimaces at the thought of having to go back into there.

Brand lets out a sigh. "I know why. Mikey.."

Andi and Stef share a look of confusion before looking over at the two of us.

"Care to share what you two are thinking?" questions Andi as she raises an eyebrow and brings the Letterman jacket closer to grasp warmth.

"Mikey had this big plan to go after One-Eyed Willie to get the supposed lost treasure so we would have enough money and could prevent our homes from being foreclosed, and ultimately so we wouldn't have to move and could stay in Astoria." I explained and took a deep breath.

"That sounds ridiculous." Stef lets out with a light chuckle.  Seconds later, Andi pipes up. "Who's One-Eyed Willie?"

"Trust me, it's a long story," Brand and I reply in sync.

"Come on, let's go after them before they do anything stupid" Brand shakes his head and walks up a little to reach the restaurant. As I was about to catch up with him, Andi sees the opportunity to talk with him and speeds up before I can. Stef and I share a look of confusion so I stay back with my other blonde best friend.

"Do you have any idea what's going on with Andi? She's acting a little bit strange", I question as I brush my fingers through my long blonde hair, then quickly grabbing my white scrunchie and put my hair into a low messy-like bun, making sure to leave some of my hairs in the front out to add a cute aspect to it.