12. The Encounter with the Fratelli's and Creepy Basements

Third Person POV

The gunshots were real. The Fratellis, inside the restaurant, have just shot and killed the two men who entered. They were FBI investigators.

Mouth was peering through the window. "What's that?"

"Come on. Hurry up, hurry up...Francis...", remarks Mama Fratelli hastily towards her sons, Jake and Francis.

Jake is dragging the body of one of the FBI men into the kitchen. The boys look in through the dirty windows. They can see movement, but they can't tell exactly what it is.

Mikey takes a puff of his inhaler.

"Looks like the cook is carrying something to the kitchen, or something", remarks Data.

"Yeah, food. Looks like food or some kind of trash", comments Mikey.

"Don't let them see us, guys", warns Data.

Chunk wanders around to the side and see the ORV parked in a garage. He sees bullet holes in the back and then realizes with fright that he has seen this vehicle before.

"ORV...bullet holes...bullet holes!", shouts Chunk with wide eyes.

Chunk runs, panicking back to the doorway to warn the others, but they've opened the door and gone inside. The restaurant is old and in shambles.

"Shhh!!!", hushes Data.

"Shut up, Chunk!", states Mikey.

"This place is a summer restaurant? Looks like it hasn't been open for ten summers", remarks Mouth as he glances around the place.

Mama Fratelli notices the boys and she stalks over. She is worried that they might have witnessed the double shooting.

"How long you boys been at that window?", she questions. The boys, startled, turn around to face her.

"L..long enough to see you need about four hundred roach motels in this place", Mouth comments.

Jake has been working on something. He slams it down in frustration.

"How the hell am I supposed to create with that Smithsonian piece of shi..?" Jake then notices the boys and comes over to talk to his mother in Italian.

"E casa queste soni".

"Jake, these boys are customers", she explains while blocking the doorway, causing the boys to gasp in panic.

"...no restaurante", he replies.

"Zita, zita, stupido nocha picha jente".

"Mondena, mondena, mama, agavito".

Jake decides that the best way to get rid of them is just to play along, so he plays the waiter. He puts his hands together to take their order.

"Eh, boys, uh? You make yourselves comfortable, uh? - He stops to speak to Mama Fratelli in Italian, then addresses the boys in English -She's going to cook you something".

"What do you want?", she asks with annoyance and distaste, due to her strong dislike of kids.

The boys are all startled. They jump around to face her, gasping.

"A glass of water", Data asks.

Mama Fratelli looks over at Jake. "Four waters", before looking back at the boys. "Is that all?", she questions.

"Ye...", says Mikey.

"Yes, yes", replies Data.

"No! I want the Veal Scallopine...", orders Mouth acting like he's in a fine Italian restaurant.