Chapter 5-The beast in front of the window

After he had eaten, Harry went on his nightly round along the edge of his territory and marked the trees.

No strange wolf uninvited ventured past. It didn't need fences or walls. His feces and urine were quite sufficient.

Then he slowly trotted back to the village.

In his wolf form, he entered his house and looked briefly into the pillow room. Liam lay awake reading a book and his omega was still asleep right where he left him.

Liam just looked at Harry, but he turned around and went into the bathroom. There he bathed in his wolf form. They didn't really have to, but he knew that even in human form he smelled more like his wolf when he wasn't, and he didn't want to startle his omega. Louis still didn't know where he had ended up here.

After his wolf form was clean, he transformed into a human and took another quick shower before toweling himself off, thanking Liam and lying down next to his omega in the same position he'd assumed earlier in the evening.

He sniffed his hair and the back of his neck again. After the bite, this area would become an erogenous zone on his omega. But until then it was used for education. Even so, he had an incredible allure on Harry.

Now that they were alone again, Harry allowed himself to sleep.

When Louis woke up the next morning, it took him a few seconds to know where he was. He felt the bare skin on his back and the heat it gives off.

"Morning Puppy." Harry spoke with his rough morning voice.

"M-m-m-morning..." Louis stammered, wondering if his name even made sense to say every time.

"Use the bathroom. I-"

"Aaaaaaaahhhhh!" Louis screamed in panic, staring at the glass wall separating him from the forest. On the other side stood a huge beast.

A wolf but much, much, much bigger. The beast first stared at the house opposite and now, probably because of the scream, at him. A bit of morning pee came loose at Louis. That would normally end up in his underwear. But since he was naked, it dripped onto a blanket beneath him. How embarrassing.

But Louis couldn't care less right now. When the beast would throw himself against the glass, it would probably be able to swallow him whole.

He saw the razor-sharp teeth. It could chew him into little pieces. The next moment, Harry growled loudly behind him. Startled, the animal looked at them before it disappeared into the forest with a slight squeak. "Idiot..." Harry mumbled.

"I-I-I...I... There... There was..." Louis stammered shakily.

"Yeah, that wasn't planned. Go to the bathroom. I'll make breakfast." Harry spoke so completely calmly.

"I-I-I I'm scared." Louis replied, terrified.

"Okay, okay. I'll come with you." Harry decided and picked Louis up.

Didn't he know he was seven? He could walk himself. Yes, he liked to be carried around at home because it was an absolute exception. But Harry seemed happy to do that.

Even though it was weird getting carried around naked from a naked man, even so Louis leaned his head back. With a beast like that running around out there, it was probably best to stay with Harry. He scared him too, but he didn't look like he wanted to eat him.

Harry put him straight down on the toilet and while Louis was on the toilet, he sat on the stool that was by the sink. At the same time, he organized his pack a bit via Mind link and vowed to tear apart anyone who simply stood in front of his house in wolf form. The person responsible in this case had been Jim. He didn't mean that in a bad way. He had actually just been waiting for Seamus, who lived next door. Still, Harry was pissed.

Louis eventually appeared next to him and washed his hands and face.

Then, without being asked, he grabbed Harry's hand. He didn't look at him but stared at the floor.

Harry grinned. The omega probably wouldn't do that if he knew that Harry was the biggest wolf around. Unlike him, Jim was almost petite. Just a 14-year-old boy.

" Nothing will happen to you Puppy. I take care of you." Harry said with a grin, picked Louis up again, sniffed his neck briefly and then stroked his neck.

Meanwhile, Louis' thoughts were on a roller coaster. What was that monster?

Had it really responded to Harry's growl and run away? Was the monster scared? Maybe because Harry could growl like that?

In any case, it would probably be better for him not to leave the house and to stay close to Harry. But then he wouldn't be able to escape.

Would mom and dad be sad if he didn't at least try to come back? But he was so afraid of the monster.

Louis only snapped out of his thoughts when Harry grabbed Mr. Carrot in his arms.

"N-n-n-no." He immediately whimpered. "It might get dirty while eating. Put it on the chair next to you or I will put it away."

Louis immediately put his rabbit on the chair and watched him with eagle eyes. All that was left of his life was his cuddly toy.

Next, Harry pushed a bowl of oatmeal towards him.

Louis hated oatmeal. He liked sweet cornflakes. But oatmeal was like glue.

The pieces of apple didn't help much either. Nevertheless, he ate. Not that him or Mr. Carrot anything else happened.

Harry sighed. He was an Alpha. No Omega. It wasn't up to him to take care of the offspring. Clear. Playing was great. Then he didn't say no. Even taking over the little ones for a short time would not be a problem. But single dad? He? No. But his omega basically needed a mother. Someone patient to take care of him. Who was gentler with him. But just the thought of someone else taking care of Louis almost made him jump out of his skin.

His little one here was the first free omega he had ever seen. Omegas born into wolf families were very protected from their families. After all, you knew how important they were.

They were the best choice. Brought strong puppies into the world and strengthened the whole pack with their physical weakness. After all, everyone was only as strong as they had to be. But if you had someone weak in the pack, you had to be strong not only for yourself, but also for others. Omegas made just that contribution. They were also gentle, and packs with an omega lived more harmoniously or communally together.

It was a freak of nature that omega births occurred in human families as well. However, the werewolf gene in them behaved recessively. It slumbered and had to be awakened by the bite of a werewolf.

There were omegas who never found out about it and just eventually died human. What a coincidence that Liam found Louis and then brought him straight away. In addition to being his beta, Liam was also a friend. He still deserved a real reward for it. And Harry already knew exactly which one.