Chapter 8-Not an easy morning

Louis was silent with his big crocodile tears on his cheeks after the clear announcement.

Lou handed him a large mug of warm milk and told him to drink slowly.

Louis did. The milk tasted a little strange. vanilla. Louis liked that.

Otherwise, he just listened to the conversations in the room without really listening and cuddled with Mr. Carrot. He didn't want to think about tomorrow at all.

So, Louis spent the night with Liam. He could see that Harry's house was dark. Where was he? Wasn't he worried about Louis? Wasn't Louis so important after all?

Liam had taken him to his own pillow room, received another cup of warm vanilla milk at the door and let Louis drink it.

Afterwards, Liam had asked him to sleep and had also laid himself down to guard a little further away.

After 10 minutes, Louis crawled over to him and snuggled up close to the burly Beta.

"Li?" he asked shakily.

"Hm?"

"I'm scared."

"Of what?"

"Of the monsters." Louis whispered shakily.

"They... They won't hurt you, little one. They're sorry they overdid it. They would never want to hurt you. They want to protect you. You are very important to them.", Liam spoke slowly.

"Harry doesn't like me anymore..." Louis murmured, adding, "Can I stay with you? I don't want to be eaten."

"Harry's mad, yes. But he'll always like a part of you. Lou, you have to obey him, you hear? Harry's not the most patient. He's an Alpha. That is his nature. Do as he says, okay?" Liam asked.

"Oke...", Louis mumbled and closed his eyes. Surely Harry would only want to get rid of him tomorrow. Maybe he would even bring him back to mom? T

he next morning Louis woke up to a damn loud growl. #

"Am I interrupting?!" Harry snapped and Louis started immediately to shiver.

"No. But it would be nice if you stopped growling." Liam replied, yawning.

"What is this about?!" Harry snapped again.

Louis looked up after all. Harry stood like a bull in the doorway, staring at them like he was about to jump out of his skin. Did he have drool on his mouth? What did was his problem anyway?

"You told me to take care of him. I, as your beta, did that. He came of his own accord and snuggled up. Like any other pack member, I granted him that. Should I have pushed him away?" growled Liam back wearily and stroked Louis' back soothingly.

"Well, since you enjoy him so much, maybe you should keep him until he's 18." Harry growled menacingly.

"Yeah... Maybe I should. Or you'll think about Mary again." Liam answered calmly again, and Louis wondered if he was suicidal.

"I thought I made myself clear yesterday," Harry snapped again as Lou appeared next to him.

"Good morning, everyone. Louis mouse, I have something for you.", she said and handed Louis a steaming cup of milk.

"What's that?!" Harry growled again and Louis had to watch his trembling not to spill anything.

"Come with me." Lou said, pulling Harry with him in the kitchen.

Of course, Liam and even Louis listened anyway to.

"His health yesterday was more than critical. Damn. The boy is seven years old. What are you going to do with him? Should he be hounded to death?!" Lou asked charged.

"What?! No. He should just never run away again."

"Oh, believe me, he can't walk anymore. The treatment for his feet will take at least three weeks. He shouldn't walk at all until then." Lou snorted.

"Why?!" Harry's voice asked in shock.

"Because he was chased through the woods. Way beyond his limits. Damn. He's only human. He doesn't have a great immune system and his body isn't made for that kind of life. Feet were completely sore yesterday and mostly open. He can't walk barefoot in the woods for hours."

"But..."

"But nothing. If you want him as an omega, then give him to Maggy for the next few years. She can take him under her wing and look after him. Then you can go to Taylor and the others and when he's sexually mature you'll get him back."

"No."

"Why?"

"Because he's mine."

"Nobody would dare doubt that. But you're an alpha and not a wet nurse. I can see how it upsets you. Seeing him in front of you but not being able to have him. Spending time with him but not being allowed to bite him. "

"It doesn't matter. I want him for me. I want him to imprint on me. So, he stays with me." Harry said firmly.

"Once you've decided that, no one will object. Still, you should let him have Maggy's milk. It would be better for him. He needs nutrients and defenses. Especially now before autumn and winter."

"Why?"

"Because he's human and wasn't cut out for life out here. Just as it's natural for us to be outside, it's natural for him to be inside with the seasons coming."

"Our houses do both. If it's too cold for him outside, he just stays inside."

"Oh, and then should he be lonely there?"

"No. It'll work out. I can't turn him yet. His body isn't capable of bearing pups while he's so small."

"He'd be way too small for mating anyway. At least if you want full moon puppies?"

"Of course. He can give them to me. Nobody else. He stays with me."

"Then let others see him. Not all. But at least a few. Those who are allowed to deal with him without you messing around."

"I hate it. He's so... innocent."

"How about Liam, Zayn, Gemma, Anne and Niall?"

"Why Niall?"

"He's almost the same age. Louis needs a boyfriend. Let Niall go to him."

"There's hardly a bigger dilemma between friend and friend." Harry's voice murmured.

"Seriously?! They're seven and nine. You're 25. You jealous of a pimp like Niall?", Lou's voice asked amused.

"No. But I still want him to be with me for the most part. If I let Niall see him, it will only be if I can count on them to remain friends."

"Uh... Okay. Well, I've read about the Omega being owned by the Alpha, but that's blatant. Well. You can be sure. Niall is a Delta. Deltas and Omegas are destined to be damn close friends. But not more. They are sexually incompatible. So, if they are then sexually mature. OK?"

"Hmph... Okay, not. But I guess I have no other choice. Still, the day after tomorrow at the earliest. Until then, I want him for myself. And Maggy's milk OK. But not Maggie. She shouldn't have a relationship with him. He can theoretically eat anyway, like other children."

"Hello? He's human. You can't ask that."

"I can and I will. He is mine. I will take care of him."

"Er... yeah... let's talk about it some other time. First, apologize to Liam. And don't ever give the order to scare the little one like that again." The next moment, Liam and Louis heard a pained squeaking sound from next door, followed by a thunderous growl.

"Careful, Lou. I accept your opinion. But don't you dare give me orders again."