Chapter 28-Puberty or boorish phase?

Thanks to Lou's careful monitoring and Harry's penetrance in Louis' treatment, his recovery soon began. Well, the illness had two effects, firstly, Louis no longer needed to go out in the winter. And if he did, Harry would wrap him in dozens of blankets and carry him so Louis would sweat rather than freeze. On the other hand, Lou rose in Harry's reputation. But it would probably never be like before. Because even if she had good intentions, she had still betrayed her alpha. Ultimately, it wasn't in the nature of an Alpha to be fully forgiving. Especially when it came to what matters most. Still, Lou seemed okay with that. She remained Harry's beta and had acted according to her rank. She would never have wanted to drive a wedge between Alpha and Omega.

The little boy who changed so much grew older and began to grow into the pack. Well, if that worked, since Harry only allowed a very exclusive group of people to see him.

Louis was now 13 years old and had lived with the wolves for 6 years. He had settled in. Of course, he still often thought of his family. How they were doing and how they had probably all changed. But knowing they weren't looking for him and knowing he was fine helped a lot.

When he woke up this morning he snuggled closer to Harry. Louis had noticed that hearing Harry's heart beating helped him sleep better. So he always lay down like that in the evening. But in the mornings he was always half under Harry. It was nice and warm, but over time Harry got pretty heavy.

"Puppy?", it growled behind Louis at that moment. Harry was either always awake or, in Louis' opinion, woke up as soon as Louis opened his eyes.

"Hm?"

"I have to go today."

"For long?"

"Yes."

"Does that have to be?...", Louis grumbled unwillingly. He liked being with Liam or Zayn. Depending on who was on Louis duty. But he was a real teenager, and he liked it best in his own pillow room. But Harry didn't want anything to do with Louis being home alone. Too bad. But this is where Louis had his things. This was his home. By now he could build slingshots himself and managed to build all kinds of constructions.

"You can come with me." Harry growled suddenly.

"Really?" Louis asked hopefully. No idea where, but it sounded cool to his ears.

"Yes... But you behave yourself and do what I do say. Clear?"

"Yup."

"Speak sensibly."

"I do."

"Yup isn't sensible."

"You're just old."

"And you a plague."

"Better a nuisance than-"

"Don't overdo it. I can handle puppies in the fledgling stage," Harry growled, giving Louis a quick shake on the back of the neck.

They had had discussions like this more often since Louis had reached puberty. He tested every limit. Knew who to behave with and how, and still had fun pushing it to the limit. If, in the worst case, he got thrown over his knee by Harry, so be it.

The shaking of the neck was only extremely rarely painful. Harry had overdone it once and Louis had to walk around in a neck brace for a few weeks. Since then it was just kind of stupid, but no longer painful. Although he had recently caught himself wanting to claim it somehow. Very quickly he had banged his head against a tree. He was probably also slowly going crazy here.

Liam was now his favourite target when it came to teasing. The good-natured Beta let Louis throw him completely out of step. It often took a very long time before he put him in his place. By then, Louis was confusing and teasing him. Especially the still strange relationship between Liam and Zayn gave the only human in the pack a lot of explosives. So it had often happened that Louis, while cuddling with one, had also asked for the other. Once the two were close together with him in the middle, he jumped up and went to play with Niall.

Since he was twelve, Harry had relaxed his rules a bit. Louis was allowed to move about freely in the village. In the end he didn't run away anymore and even Harry had to realise that Louis had to work off some energy too. So now he did.

Thus, the fresh air lured in spring and summer and also the warm autumn days. The village was a safe haven for Niall and Louis, but they finally felt a little freer.

The people he met treated Louis with respect. But they prefer to look at him from a distance. Nobody wanted stress with Harry and Louis was a guarantee.

He was weird to everyone anyway because he was just human. So he was just the human who kicked and punched when a wolf got too close. He just couldn't get out of his skin. The time with Maggy had left its mark and if anyone took an interest in his bunny, he would become furious, because even though he was 13 years old, Mr Carrot, no matter how tattered he was by now, was still his faithful companion.

Once other young wolves wanted to tease Niall. Louis had read them the riot act. As long as they didn't attack him, he kicked them or slapped them on the nose.

Whenever a wolf got serious, he lay on his back and showed his neck, but until then he was able to defend himself rudimentarily.

In fact, he still performed the gesture of submission automatically. Even if the respective wolf in front of him didn't expect it. He did it because he still respected them to the point of fear. But as soon as Harry noticed that, he had a problem. Therefore, most tried to keep a certain distance from Louis.

"When are we going?" Louis asked enthusiastically.

"This afternoon."

"Where are we going?"

"To another pack. A very close pack."

"For how long?"

"Puppy... you know I hate it when you ask tons of questions. Don't." Harry growled. Louis didn't care. He was happy because he was allowed to come along.

"Niall is coming too. Then you have someone to play with. I don't want to have a fuss about that. Not all the time. You'll hear. No matter what I say. Or ask. If I take you with me, I have to stay in wolf form on the way so that I cover your smell. Do you understand?!"

"Yup."