Chapter 15-Back and Forth

As always, Louis lay around in the sickroom. Two weeks had passed, and he had actually had his peace so far.

Just at that moment he suddenly heard banging in the hallway, which made Niall raise his head.

"Harry, you can't-" Well, obviously Lou's unfinished statement wasn't true, because Harry opened the door, stepped inside and closed it again.

"Keep calm Niall," the Alpha murmured.

He pulled up a chair and sat down by the bedside.

"I um... wanted to apologize again. Because I freaked out like that last time." Spoke Harry, but Louis just looked at another direction and said nothing.

"I... I agreed that you go to Maggy may. She'll tease you and then I'll have my space again. I just don't want it like it is right now." Harry explained slowly.

Niall just looked at Louis. He should be happy now, right?

"Great." It came from Louis without a sound. That seemed very easy. What was Louis? a ham, which should mature for another 11 years?

"We can see how it develops. You'll be back in eleven years." Harry said and stroked Louis' hair.

Louis didn't look at him. He seemed to ignore him completely.

But inside, Louis screamed all the time. What about him?! Had he kidnapped him just so he could deport him a few hours later?! Where was the "caring forever" just a few hours later?! Why wasn't Louis interesting until he was 18? Then what was so different? Why the hell didn't he care until then?! Why all this?!

Niall didn't move an inch and seemed to be hoping Harry mistook him for a stuffed animal. Although he had already spoken to him. In fact, Harry even put his hand on Niall's side and stroked the fur.

"Do you understand me?" Harry asked, looking at Louis' averted face.

Louis just nodded and looked out the window.

"Can you say anything?" Harry asked further and already needed all the patience he had.

Louis shook his head. No matter what he would say, nothing would put his thoughts into words. He felt so terribly lonely. Only Niall was with him. Even though Harry wasn't nice to him and stuff like that, it still hurt that even he didn't want to keep him.

So Louis just kept staring out the window.

Eventually, Lou came and started changing the bandages. It looked bad. Some of the wounds had become infected and it would therefore take a while before they could heal.

But again, Louis didn't really react. He let Lou do it, occasionally ignoring Harry's growls and otherwise just seemed too deep in thought.

When Lou was done, she stroked his hair.

"Why isn't he speaking?" Harry asked now.

"He's probably just blocked. It's all an unbelievably extreme and not just a stressful situation for him. The night in the forest didn't do him any good. Neither physically nor mentally."

"What can I-"

"Nothing. It would probably be best if you carry on living as you have until he is old enough. Then the problem will have solved itself.", Lou spoke carefully. It was obvious that she was afraid that her objection would be taken as an order.

"Okay..." Harry mumbled.

"You'll be fine with Maggy. Everything will be better for you." Lou then smiled at Louis, who didn't meet her gaze.

Finally, Harry left again saying, "I'm going to love you Puppy."

"Um... do you still like your pasta?" a red-cheeked blond boy suddenly asked in Louis' bed a few days later.

So this is what Niall looked like as a human. He seemed nice. Louis shook his head and pushed the plate towards Niall.

"You can tell you're only human. I pretty much don't feel hungry." Niall smiled gratefully and was about to put the first forkful in his mouth when Lou swept in.

"Don't talk that crap, Niall. Even if you were only human, you wouldn't feel hungry." She laughed.

It was irritating for Louis to hear what the wolves seemed to be hearing.

"So, little mouse. A few more days, then you can go. Maggy will be over in a moment... Um... Well, hopefully...", she murmured, becoming ever quieter.

Well, apparently, she couldn't expect to have Louis. Maybe there was a broom closet for him somewhere?

Niall looked down at the bed covers with great concentration. What was the matter? Of course, Niall noticed Louis' irritated look and laughed briefly before answering: "In packs of werewolves, you can communicate via Mind link. This is very practical, especially as wolves. It's still a bit exhausting for me. That's why I always seem a bit... Absent, I guess. It's cool but requires a lot of concentration. Most of the time I'm too lazy. Haha."

Louis just looked at him questioningly again.

"Oh um. Sorry. Well Harry must be standing outside not letting Maggy in and Lou yelling around and yeah..."

Another questioning look came from Louis.

"Um.. So Harry is bitching about you being his, Maggy says she supports that. Lou sends Maggy away again because Harry is freaking out.... Again. She wants you from the start to have. Lou is so mad I don't think she realized she was making everyone listen." Niall explained.

Louis looked at Niall again like a question mark.

"Um... Well, I don't really know all that either. But alphas are sometimes a bit weird... So, he's the big boss and everything goes his way. Normally he doesn't care about that. But it's different with you. He wants you for himself and doesn't like it when others come."

Louis' gaze didn't change.

"Um... Well, omegas are the heart of the alpha. Well, and I wouldn't want my heart to go with others either. Well, he just doesn't want that either."

Furthermore, Louis's gaze remained on his face.

"Oh heavens... Um... Well...", Niall stammered and wasn't so unhappy that the opening door interrupted him.

"Come on, Puppy. We're going. It might be a great idea, but you're mine. Not Maggy's." Harry said firmly and simply lifted Louis out of the Bed.

He just looked at Harry, rather confused. Obviously, he could just wear the look all day today.

"Can't we change your mind?" Lou asked, smiling kind of mildly. Why that?

"No. He's mine. Besides, I don't want to destroy my whole pack in a frenzy just because he is not with me..." "But he shouldn't grow up in a golden cage...right?" Lou added, probably to be on the safe side.

"No, he shouldn't. I'll let him out under my supervision. And he won't always be able to come with me when I'm out. Niall can always go to him. But I can hardly keep myself in my human form, imagining that that he is closer to someone than me."

So suddenly everything was different again and Louis once again felt like a toy or a doll.

But at least Harry suddenly gave him back Mr. Carrot.

"Harry, what am I supposed to do with Zayn?" Liam asked annoyed.

Harry had collected him on the way and now they stood in the Zayn's hallway. Louis was still in Harry's arms.

"I still owe you my thanks for the Omega and a punishment for your behavior when it comes to him. Although the punishment will eventually be a reward. You will live here from now on."

"What?! And where should I go?!" Zayn squeaked from the pillow room.

"You stay here too. I have four betas. Both of you, Gemma and Lou. I expect my betas to work together."

"We do." It came in two voices.

"Yes... you do. But as soon as there is no announcement, you avoid and hate each other. So: you live together from now on. Have fun.", Harry answered and left grinning.