Chapter 35-Scent

Louis looked into the faces of Zayn, Liam and Niall. They looked serious but not shocked. So Harry should have won.

Still, Louis preferred not to turn around. If it was quiet, that probably meant that there were dead people and Louis hadn't quite gotten over the sight of the three from the forest. Besides, one of them had been human. no Louis definitely didn't want to see that again. Better to stay seated.

He flinched when something warm touched him. A warm liquid.

Huh?

Even when Zayn, Liam, and Niall shook their heads in sync, which looked kind of funny, he turned his head.

Harry stood half over him. Louis knew the black fur well. Thank God. But what was the liquid- Oh no! What was that supposed to mean?! Did Louis look like a toilet?!

Louis wanted to crawl away, even though he was already wet, but a growl from Harry stopped him. Eventually he lowered his leg again and the beam disappeared. Louis cried, but thanks to the dampness clinging to him no one noticed.

Finally Harry turned and spoke to someone: "For your cowardly behaviour I expect your young Heal-Beta today."

After that, Harry came to Louis, took the leash and went into their house. Louis, perforce, followed like a literally drowned poodle.

It wasn't until they got to the hallway that Harry turned and started licking Louis. In human form. Yum. What was wrong with that please?!

Harry's body showed some wounds and was bleeding at a few places.

Louis said nothing. It was all so uncomfortable for him that he tried to erase it all from his mind while it was still happening.

"Let me do that." Harry whispered and just went about his business.

"Why?" Louis asked the question he already had since they even left the house.

"My smell sticks to you. The scent mark protects you. If you took a shower, it would be gone, but it stays like this." Harry just said and continued straight away.

"I don't want to smell like your pee." Said Louis defiant.

"There is only one other way and you are too young for it. You are mine. I want everyone to smell that." Louis snorted and added, "I'm 13. With all this stuff I'm too young for, you should start explaining so we're through by my 18th birthday."

"Don't be so cheeky," Harry grumbled.

"Don't you be so-"

"Puppy, that wasn't a request! I'm bloody irritable right now. So don't." Harry growled loudly.

Louis didn't know what was wrong with him, but he got goosebumps and his stomach was tingling. Neither felt bad. He shook his head quickly. He was clearly going insane. Harry, on the other hand, sniffed once and then just told Louis to go to the pillow room. Harry himself urgently needs to go to the toilet. Well great. Louis stood there as if ordered and not picked up.

Something seems to hurt Harry. He made very strange noises. Perhaps the fight had been harder than Louis had thought? Oh well.

Louis went into the pillow room and rolled over a bit to get Harry's drool off and maybe some pee as well.

He wasn't quite finished when Zayn and Liam walked in, grinning widely and Niall interested.

"What is it?" Louis asked.

"Nothing," Liam said, leading one hard struggle with his facial muscles.

Louis looked questioningly at Niall, who just shrugged helplessly.

"Harry's hurt so bad. He's making weird noises. Maybe you guys should- huh?" snapped Louis as Zayn and Liam burst out laughing.

Offended, he padded to Niall and snuggled up to him, who immediately hugged him.

"They're all stupid." Murmured Louis offended.

"Yes they are." Niall retorted patting Louis on the back. He had clearly seen how uncomfortable the involuntary shower had made him and wanted to show him by getting close that what Harry had done was perfectly fine. He hadn't understood Louis' problem until Liam had explained to him that just-humans found that kind of disgusting. Liam had tried to explain it too, but it hadn't made any sense to Niall. It marked and yet protected. And why disgusting? It came straight from the body. Like spit just below. Hm... Niall wasn't sure himself. Maybe he couldn't explain it well because it wasn't anything special for werewolves? Of course, you didn't do that all the time. But Louis was certainly not the first. There were those who begged for such a mark because they didn't feel alone with the smell of the other or stronger. Oh well.

When Harry appeared in the doorway, he growled once at Liam and Zayn, who didn't laugh anymore after that, but they still did a stupid grin.

For whatever reason.

Harry grabbed Louis and lay down with him in the Pillow room.

"Are you hurt?" Louis asked, ignoring the laughing from the two Betas present.

"No."

"Really?"

"Puppy, my body is strong. It heals very quickly. No pain in the world could stop me from protecting my property."

"Okay," Louis murmured, as Harry's tone made it clear again that he didn't want any discussion or questions.

"Making friends didn't go so well, did it?" Louis then asked. He finally wanted to get rid of his questions.

"No." Harry smiled.

"Then you really just wanted to show that you have the biggest balls?" Louis asked surprised.

"What?! How are you talking?!"

"That's what the dead man said."

"What? Dead people-"

"No. He was still alive then, but then you killed him." Louis explained and absolutely didn't understand how Harry could always be so confused.

"Oh... Puppy.. I know from Liam that you can't understand that I killed him and the others."

"Glad you have Liam," Louis grumbled.

"Did you think he was nice?" Harry asked, barely able to suppress a growl.

"Huh? Liam?"

"No, the man."

"No. He was weird. He said I could have fun with him and his dick. I bet he's never had that thing before. Honestly, how are you supposed to have fun with that?"

"Er... You're still too small for that."

"Of course." Louis grumbled, glancing back and forth between Zayn, Liam and Harry, who were all looking kind of weird.