Chapter 40-Party

Finally, one went off with werewolves probably simply. Well, maybe you could comb your hair again, but that's all you could do.
Louis had grabbed Harry's index and middle finger and held them tightly while they walked to the pack house. It was raining and Louis was glad to hear that they would be celebrating inside. So many wet wolves in one pile even he would smell then.

When they arrived Louis was quite irritated. Sure, he knew the village and had already met many wolves. But on a heap he had never seen them. Today when returning home, perhaps? Louis was not sure. But there must have been about 40 people sitting together and they seemed to be the last ones. But why be late, they just got up and started walking? Well. Louis saw Maggy and her devil spawn sitting in one corner. He would definitely give them a wide berth. Likewise around Harry's Trullas. He'd already seen them and grilled them with looks. Harry had peeped at him. That meant Harry belonged to him in a way, didn't it?

Louis looked away from them and saw Zayn, Liam, and Ed together. Niall was in the middle of the room with his parents.
Lou was standing around with a tall woman with dark hair near the other three Betas.

"Who's Lou talking to?"

Louis asked Harry.
"Gemma."
"Is she one of your trullas, too?"
"No, for heaven's sake. She's my sister."
"So you don't want to spend time with her?"
"Not like that, no."
"How do you spend time with your Trullas?" asked Louis suddenly suspiciously.
"You're too little for that.", Growled Harry, quickly delivering Louis, "Here. Your take. He's starting to ask specific questions.", to Liam.
"Then I finally get to talk to him about it?", Liam asked and was about to breathe a sigh of relief when Harry, by his standards, spoke quickly, "No.
Of course you don't. You just bear it better with the annoying questions."
"Harry, he's-"
"A child. Leave it."
Liam snorted. But in the end, he would listen to Harry. The latter knew that all too well and disappeared among the people.

Liam looked at Louis, who was looking at him faithfully from below.
"Come on. We'll get you something to drink," Liam decided, and in the next moment he had Louis' small hand in his. He ran along.

Heavens, what a bore. It was like an adult event. Louis was bored while Harry disappeared with a trulla.
Wherever.
"Hey Lou."
"Hi Ni. I'm bored."
"Come on. We're going to go have fun.", Niall immediately grinned.
"I can't get away from Liam and he's like Sasu on Lion King."
"What?"
"Oh, forget it."
"We'll just have fun here then."
"Oh, and how?"
"Wait a minute.", Niall grinned and disappeared into the crowd.

He returned a moment later carrying a bulbous bottle and some cards.
"We play cards all the time.", Louis immediately grumbled.
"Yeah, but not a drinking game. This is homemade strawberry lime. It's sweet. So. here's the deck of cards. You have to blow off the top card. And only that. If you make it, I'm next. If you don't make it, you take a sip and then it's my turn."
"That's supposed to be funny?"
"It will be. Don't worry."

Incredibly, Niall was absolutely right. At one point they were both giggling around, even though the game itself was so-so. It was really hard to believe, but the more you drank, the less you managed to do the blowing thing, and then yes, the more you drank, and then the less you managed to do it, and that made it fun.

Unbelievable.
That's why everyone here drank drinks that smelled strong. Because no one else really enjoyed it. The strawberry drink was sweet, but still burned Louis in the throat. Besides, there was automatically a funny second game. One would have to be careful that Liam didn't notice anything. For whatever reason.

What was the matter with him anyway?
Louis looked to the side. Liam was sitting there, but seemed very concentrated.
"If you don't get it, do you get it in your head?" Louis slurred as he leaned against Liam.
"Wha- heaven, what are you doing?!", asked the now shocked Liam.
"Card fu... card blowing. It's boring at first. But it gets better," Louis explained helpfully.
"You don't say?" growled Liam.
"Yes, I do, really.", Louis giggled.

Liam reached between Louis and Niall and took the bottle from them.
"There, you've had enough. We'll have water from now on. Hopefully Harry won't catch on. You're way too little for that.", he scolded and really put water in front of them. So that's why they had to be careful that Liam didn't notice anything.

"Is everything funssss, wo- what I'm too little for?"
"Uh..."
"Lima- Bean?"

"Don't ever call me that again... What?" he asked with a growl.
"You didn't look too good, did you?"
"Louis-"
"Are you talking on the phone with Zen in your head?"
"Who told you that nonsense about talking on the phone?! Seriously now?"
"Nobody. I know myself.", Louis rejoiced and looked around the room.

He found Harry. He was hugging one of the goofy trullas. Kendall.
"Harry is mine!" he suddenly growled.
"Oops, what's wrong with you?" asked Liam in surprise.
"They're dumb."
"Why?"
"Because Hazzy is mine. I live with him.", Louis snorted indignantly. He was still slurring his words.
"Yeah," Liam smiled, "you do. Only you."
"Great. Trop... Still.", Louis grumbled.
"When you're older Lou..."

Louis thought the answer was dumb. But he was also mad at Harry. He wasn't looking at all. So he swallowed his anger and decided that having fun with Niall was way cooler than looking at Harry with his trullas.
Stupidly, Liam was paying more attention now. That was a hindrance.

They played on for a while. But without drinking strawberries it was boring again and so they left it.

Harry had disappeared with his Trulla.

Heavens, he wanted to spend time with everyone today, didn't he?

Zayn suddenly came over and sat on Liam's other side. Both spoke haltingly and very tense with each other. Louis could not understand anything. They were talking too quietly, unfortunately.

"Come Ni. Let's go outside. Fresh air is important.", Louis slurred, when he was sure that Liam wasn't paying much attention to them or especially to him again.

So they scurried, well, it was probably more of a stagger, out of the pack house.
"Do you want to play something else?" asked Niall, putting his arm around Louis.
"Hmm... Nah. Come on.", Asked Louis, pulling Niall behind him.

————
I know it's a bit confusing but it isn't really better in the real book. I tried to make it so that you can understand it. Sorry 'bout that