Chapter 14-Omega and Delta

Niall stayed with Louis. All day he lay with him on the bed, only moving down when Lou asked him to.

Louis was slowly but surely clearing up.

His hands were in thick bandages. Likewise, feet and knees. Lou gave him liquids through an access port and helped him to the toilet when she felt he needed to. Because Louis still didn't speak.

In the evening Harry came by accompanied by Liam. As soon as he entered the building, Niall jumped off the bed as if bitten by a tarantula and crouched next to a sink on the opposite wall.

That made Louis look up before he heard the growl from the hallway. Still, he only looked at Niall. He should come back. He was warm. And its mouth was too small to simply eat Louis.

Moments later, the door opened and Harry, followed by Liam and Lou, entered the room.

"Harry, don't do it!" Lou scolded when the alpha turned towards the delta in a rage.

Niall immediately threw himself onto his back but looked up, as did Harry and the other two, when he heard a faint croak from the bed.

"Ni, come on." Said Louis weakly and without looking at Harry, Niall jumped back into bed with Louis. "What-?!" Harry was about to nag when he was cut off croaking:

"Go away! I'm not 18 yet!"

Horrified, Harry looked at Louis, who had already turned away as much as he could and closed his eyes.

Niall licked his hand once and Harry looked like he was about to implode.

"Get out!" he then snapped.

But Niall looked straight at Louis and his gaze said one word for all to see: "Stay".

"Do I need to remind you who I am?!" the Alpha snapped, salivating on teeth now too large for human teeth. "No, but not who he is either. And an omega gets the protection of the whole pack. You're not in control of yourself." Liam spoke so calmly, as if they were chatting nicely over a cup of tea.

Harry growled like never before and started tearing the sickroom apart and yelling. So much so that Louis ended up wanting everyone to leave. Nothing should happen to Niall because of him. He was only nine.

In fact, Niall hadn't felt the tantrum because he was close enough to Louis. Liam and Lou were less fortunate. They would probably have to get medical treatment first.

"I'm sorry, okay? I shouldn't have said that" Harry said once the three had left the room. But Louis just turned away and closed his eyes.

"Damn it, why did you ran away?!" he snapped again afterwards.

"You have no idea what could have happened to you!" he raged on when Louis just didn't react.

"Puppy, you wouldn't believe how mad I am. I told you to listen! First, Taylor and I almost hurt each other because of you, then you argue back, and then you run away!" Harry continued to scold.

But it didn't matter what he said. Louis wasn't listening. He wished himself away from here. Back to mum and the others. Maybe Niall would want to come along?

Main thing away from Harry.

The door opened and someone entered.

"Harry honey? I heard you outside. I wanted you-"

"Get out! I don't want to see you. So, get out!" Harry yelled at Taylor.

However, his gaze remained on Louis, who sat on the only thing in the room that was still intact and stood in place.

"Aaah but-"

Louis didn't see what was happening. He kept his eyes shut tight and hummed tunes in his head. He didn't want to know what was going on.

He only reacted again when warm fur touched him, and Niall finally jumped back onto his bed.

Apparently, Louis had been pushed into another room. The sink here was intact and the whole room didn't look like anything had exploded.

Louis hadn't heard about it.

Niall now laid his head on Louis' stomach. Niall was warm and snuggly. Louis was glad he was there.

"So Louis, listen for a moment. So, we have to see that your fever goes down. I have to give medicine and change bandages. We have decided that you will stay here for the time being and that only Niall will be allowed to see you. Well and me. But there is no other way. Niall can stay here as long as you like. He would sleep here too, if you like. Liam... thinks he's having a really hard time with you now and we better not even talk about the other one. OK? This gives you at least two to three weeks of peace and quiet."

Louis didn't respond again. He took the medication and didn't resist even the painful cleaning of the wounds. But he didn't speak either.

Niall stayed with him. He only disappeared briefly when he had to go pee or wanted to eat, but otherwise he laid with Louis.

He nudged him with his nose now and then, switched positions.

He didn't do more and yet Lou saw exactly how he was doing Louis good. She had read a lot about the special relationship between Delta and Omega. As a beta it wasn't familiar with her. But you could feel the very slight bond that had begun to form between Louis and Niall.

The days passed and everything went as Lou had promised. After five days, she dropped the restraints, but advised bed rest. Louis didn't open up. Unfortunately, as Lou secretly thought.

He lay on the bed and gently scratched Niall's fur.

Niall was the size of a big dog. Louis himself would be a little shorter.

It was designed that way by nature. The higher the rank, the larger the body. And it made sense. Omegas and Deltas didn't fight. They had to be able to hide and for that a smaller body was more practical.

Maybe that's why they looked cuter? So that they were absolutely not threatening and would rather be spared?

The literature was very divided on this.

They kept everything away from Louis. Also, Taylor's relatively serious injuries that Harry had inflicted on her while Louis was in the same room.

They had wanted to call Taylor back, telling her not to go in beforehand.

It had totally escalated. Harry was so damn angry he's been outside of the village in wolf form ever since.

He was an Alpha. To some extent his behavior was normal. Alphas without a permanent partner were sometimes difficult to deal with. And Harry's partner crouched in the form of a little boy him for whom he would have to wait another 11 years. It probably just got to him. In addition, the absolutely justified guilty conscience towards Louis.

It was complicated. how to deal with it?

It was to be hoped that things wouldn't go on like this for the next few years, Lou thought and looked at Louis.

Niall was lying on his side and Louis was lying behind him like a big spoon, clutching with his arms. He still couldn't use his hands.

No, maybe it would be different, she thought, smiling at the sight of the two snuggling so intimately.