27: Test Yourself Pt. 1

"I'm not ready for this." Chiharu said, clutching his abdomen. He was getting a stomach ache from all the stress. 

"You'll do fine man. Just stick with me!" Kirishima assured him with a wide smile. The two were sitting together on the bus on their way to the provisional hero licensing exam. Oh god just thinking about it was making it worse. 

Haru had been training with the rest of his class nonstop since Keigo reminded him of the test. His quirk wasn't exactly the type that had ultimate moves, but he did some more strength training and worked on his martial arts and close quarters fighting a lot. He should be okay. 

The real problem was this feeling he had. It had been lingering since he got into U.A, this horrible thought that he was an imposter. Unworthy of being here and doing what he was doing. 

His motivation was in the right place now. He had decided, it was hero work or nothing for him. Regardless of what happened he was sticking with it. (Or at least he hoped he had the strength to stick with it if something went wrong). 

But he had been selfish at first, only thinking of his own feelings and getting into hero school for all the wrong reasons. 

Someone else was supposed to be taking the licensing exam right now in his place. He was stealing an opportunity from someone who had dreamed about being a hero their whole life and he felt awful for it. 

It didn't help that Izuku had been avoiding him recently. He'd hardly gotten any texts back or been able to hang out with him. Izuku threw himself into training full force and appeared to not have time to hang out with Chiharu anymore, which hurt. 

Kirishima looked over at his classmate with a kind expression. 

"Don't worry dude." He said confidently, "You're strong. You've got this.". 

Chiharu couldn't bring himself to believe him. 

---------- --------- --------- ---------- --------- --------- -------- --------- ------- 

"Wow its really class 1-A! I've seen them on TV!" A blonde girl said as her class approached. 

"Eraser!" A bright looking hero shouted as she approached. "Let me introduce you to the students of Ketsubutsu High School! This is class 2, my group! I'm a teacher now, its that great?!". Izuku immediately identified her out loud as Ms. Joke. 

Aizawa didn't look enthused about the situation, but the pair started talking anyways. Chiharu eyed the students and realized they looked pretty nice. 

"You guys are like real celebrities. I admire all the effort you've put in this year." A black haired boy standing in the front said with a wide smile. "I'm Yo Shindo.". 

"Nice to meet you man." Kaminari said with a smile. "Hey, don't greet him like that!" Mineta protested, "That sparkly bastard's gonna steal our girls!". 

"And our Iwamoto!" Ashido said, suddenly covering Chiharu's eyes. "He's handsome, don't look!" She told him. 

Chiharu laughed and moved the pink girl's hands away. He looked over at the older high school student and abruptly realized that yeah, he was hot. 

But there was something else going on. His nice words and friendly face hid a fierceness. A sharp look in his eye that said they weren't going to become friends. 

Haru looked over to Katsuki who nodded stiffly to him. They both saw it. 

"Fuck off pretty bastard." The blond spat. 

"Bakugou, don't be so rude." Kirishima scolded, "Sorry dude, he's a little aggressive sometimes. He doesn't mean it.". 

"Like hell I don't mean it!".