𝟬𝟯 🔥 𝗵𝘂𝗿𝘁𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗹

PRESENT DAY

PRESENT DAY

There were a lot of things Lizzie thought were unfair... such as Alaric seeming to favour Hope over herself and Josie, or how different she felt from everybody else... but one thing that she definitely found unfair was how Mercedes suddenly vanished from her life, without a word.

One moment, the girls had been sharing their first kiss. Mercedes had been holding Lizzie gently, as the Saltzman never wanted the moment to end... and then the next, Mercedes was completely gone.

What she didn't know, is that her own father was behind the disappearance of the ravenette hellhound she'd been so attached to.

Did Mercedes deserve what'd happened to her? In Alaric's eyes, absolutely. Anybody else would say differently, especially Lizzie.

Nobody knew the reason for Mercedes sudden disappearance, but one thing was certain... the Ramirez wasn't dead... but Mercy would claim she wasn't living either. She was simply existing, in a world other than her own, curtesy of Alaric. But Lizzie didn't know that at all.

The blonde sat on the sofa in the common room, propped up with a comic book in her hands. She had been staring at the same small panel for at least five minutes, hardly focusing as her mind had drifted off to Mercedes, again.

MG had lent her one of his own comic books, hoping it would distract her from her constant feeling of grief. She had loved superheroes, but she'd truly lost interest as her own superhero has been ripped from her.

Alaric stood afar, against a pillar as he watched his daughter. It was as though the Saltzman girl had lost her vision to see the world as she had seen it before. When Mercy was around, everything was vibrant and colourful... but now, not so much.

He felt guilty about the situation, but he also felt impatient. It had been four years since he had discarded the Ramirez, and Lizzie had still been so lost and incomplete.

To Lizzie, losing Mercedes was as though her heart had been ripped apart. She felt as though she had been suffering, and she didn't understand why the universe was punishing her.

The blonde glanced up at Alaric, noticing him there. "Hey Dad." She smiled weakly, as Alaric stopped leaning on the pillar and approached his daughter.

"Hey. What are you reading?" Alaric asked, trying to sound chipper as a way to uplift Lizzie's spirits.

"Oh uh.. some comic book MG gave me. I'm not really reading it." Lizzie confessed, before she closed it.

The blue eyed witch then looked at her father again, as her face had faltered. "I'm... thinking about her again, Dad." She said, her voice sounding shaky.

Alaric's face fell, as he let out a sigh. It was then, Lizzie's eyes glistened with tears, as felt stupid for still talking about it four years later.

What she needed to hear, was that her feelings were valid, but was Alaric going to tell her that?

"It's been four years, Elizabeth." The headmaster admitted, as Lizzie quickly looked away, as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"I know she was your friend but—"

"She wasn't just my friend, Dad." Lizzie cut him off, as she sat upright now. "She wasn't just my best friend either... she was like— my soulmate!" The girl added as Alaric blinked in surprise by this.

"Actually... the more I think about it... I um... I loved her, Dad. I loved Mercy and she's gone and—" The siphon witch stopped talking, as she choked out into a sob. Alaric's eyes widened yet again, as he scooted closer to comfort his daughter.

"You loved her..?" Alaric asked, as he kept an arm around his daughter. Lizzie nodded, though she couldn't help but to cry more.

"I don't know if I loved her as a best friend... or maybe more. But I'm never going to find out unless she comes back or.. I find her." The witch added, as Alaric continued to comfort the girl.

"She's never coming back, baby." Alaric said, as he words were like a knife through Lizzie's heart.

"Mercedes left you, Lizzie. And I don't think she's ever looked back." The headmaster added, as Lizzie wiped away her tears, "No... she wouldn't."

"Then tell me, where is she now?"

"I don't fucking know! I've tried so many locator spells and I can't find her." Lizzie then snapped, getting to her feet now as she looked at her father. "But I don't believe that Mercy would willingly leave me." She declared, before she turned around to leave. Alaric was left on the couch, with an exasperated expression at her sudden outburst.