𝟬𝟮 🔥 𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝗸𝗶𝗱𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲

FOUR YEARS AGO

FOUR YEARS AGO

Upon learning that Mercedes was a Hellhound, Alaric made sure to keep his eye on her, especially when it came to Mercy hanging out with his daughter.

Mercedes was now fourteen, and Lizzie was thirteen. The pair were the best of friends, as Lizzie seemed to spend more time with Mercedes than her own sister.

It worried Alaric.. he'd hoped as the twins grew up, they'd become closer and Mercy would be sidelined... but he couldn't be anymore wrong.

⋆⋅🔥⋅⋆

Mercedes sat in class, opening her balled fist in front of her which caused flames to ignite from the tips of her fingers. Various students sitting around her made sounds of excitement, as they watched.

Mercedes had become popular at the Salvatore school, amongst the witches and wolves despite not technically being a witch or a werewolf.

She didn't mind, infact she loved being acquainted with so many people. There was only one person she couldn't stand, being Josie Saltzman's girlfriend Penelope Park.

The Park had an evident distaste towards Lizzie, but she went as far as to belittle and degrade the siphon witch, to show it.

The ravenette was chatting amongst some students, when Penelope entered the classroom. She flicked a smirk Mercy's way, and the Ramirez deadpanned her in response.

Mercedes planned to ignore the Park for the remainder of the class. She just wanted to focus on the content Emma was teaching, and occasionally do something cool with her magic to earn some amazed looks.

For a creature that was the only one of her kind in her family and within the school, she seemed to be very much in control of herself and her abilities.

Emma stood at the front of the class, filling in for the regular class' teacher. She let each student come up to the front and present a display of magic which could be any of their choice as long as it didn't harm any of the students.

Mercedes had created a colour changing fire ball, in front of the class which earned a lot of excited cheers. It was one of the new things she'd mastered, and she'd love showing it off.

Other students had their share of magic presenting, showing some mediocre spells to the class, but Mercy of course made sure to applaud them all as a way of encouragement.

Penelope, who sat at the back of the class, just rolled her eyes. In her mind, Mercedes was a suck up. She was trying hard for everybody's attention, and she found it to be quite pathetic.

Eventually, Emma called on the Park. Smugly, Penelope walked to the front of the class, before she showed her fell students some form of of minor explosion spell. The force of it was mighty but only in a very small radius.

With some applause, Penelope smiled. "Thank you, thank you." She spoke before she glanced around the class.

"This spell represents Lizzie Saltzman, because she sure loves to explode." Penelope began, as some students laughed, while others stayed quiet. Mercedes frowned at the Park, and was prepared to intercept but Penelope quickly spoke, before she could be cut off.

"It represents Lizzie because she explodes, harming everybody around her. She's a ticking timebomb and she doesn't care who is in her path." The ravenette witch decided, as Emma frowned. "Penelope, that is wildly inappropriate and is classed as bullying." The Tig declared. Penelope shrugged nonchalantly, "It's not bullying, if it's true."

That was it. Mercedes wasn't going to let another cruel word come out of the Park's mouth. She stood up and approached the girl, who raised an eyebrow. "What's your damage, hound?" The Park asked.

"Don't you dare speak another bad word about Lizzie again, bitch." The Ramirez seethed. Heat flowed through her body, as she clenched her fist and punched Penelope right in the jaw.

Gasps were heard throughout the class, as Penelope took a moment to process this. Not only did she have a mark on her jaw from the punch, but it was also slightly burnt.

"Bitch!" Penelope spat back, as she went to fight the Ramirez, but Emma quickly came between them, with a look of exasperation on her face.

"Both of you, go to the headmaster's office now." Emma demanded, as Mercedes and Penelope sourly glared at one another before they trudged out of the classroom.

⋆⋅🔥⋅⋆

Lizzie threw open the doors to Mercedes dorm, as the ravenette looked at her protected in shock.

"Lizzie— knock?" The girl managed to say, as the Saltzman closed the door behind her. "Are you okay? I heard you got into a fight with Penelope." The witch spoke urgently.

"I'm fine, I mean I threw the first punch." The Ramirez replied nonchalantly as Lizzie blinked in surprise.

"Mercy... why would you do that?" Lizzie asked, as she approached the ravenette. The pair were soon seated beside eachother on Mercy's bed.

"Because, Lizzie, she was making fun of you in front of the entire class— people even laughed." Mercedes huffed, throwing her hands out in frustration.

"I couldn't just sit there and listen to her degrade and humiliate my girl like that." The Ramirez insisted, before her eyes trailed to Lizzie.

"Your girl?" Lizzie asked, with a small smile. Of course, she was pissed off with Penelope now, but hearing Mercedes refer to the Saltzman as her girl, made her melt.

Mercedes lips curved up into a slight smile. "You're my favourite person in the entire world, Lizzie. I..." The hellhound trailed off, as she looked down to see that Lizzie had gently taken her hand.

Mercedes lifted her gaze, to reach Lizzie's eyes again. She shared a small smile, before she noticed the Saltzman leaning closer to her.

Mercy leant forward, eliminating the space between them as she gently kissed the siphon witch. Lizzie reciprocated the kiss, and the Ramirez gave Lizzie's hand a squeeze, as a sign of joy.

The door to Mercedes dorm then opened, and a gasp was heard. Quickly, Lizzie and Mercedes broke apart, blushing furiously when they noticed Alaric to be standing in the doorway.

"Dr Saltzman." Mercedes stuttered with embarrassment. "Sorry um... Mercedes, can I see you in my office?" He asked, not wanting to comment on what he'd just seen.

"Ugh, Dad.." Lizzie groaned, as Mercedes looked to Lizzie. "It's fine, I'll be back soon." She insisted, before getting to her feet. Alaric noticed the reluctance between the pair when it came to letting go of their joined hands. Mercedes gave the girl one last smile before she left with Alaric, to his office.

Hours passed and Lizzie waited patiently for her protector to return, not expecting at all that she wouldn't come back.