𝟮𝟱 🔥 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻...

After school, Stefanie and Mercedes walked home together alone

After school, Stefanie and Mercedes walked home together alone. Josie was spending the rest of the afternoon with her father, while Tahlia was hanging out with Finch.

Now reaching the Salvatore home, Mercedes and Stefanie noticed Alaric and Josie seated on the step. Stefanie rolled her eyes at the pair and walked past them as Mercedes followed, though the Ramirez at least acknowledged them as she did.

Now inside, Damon greeted them from the kitchen. "Hey Dad." Stefanie spoke as herself and Mercy entered the kitchen. "Hey Damon." Mercy smiled. "Hey girls, Ric is going to be staying for dinner tonight." Damon said as Stefanie's face fell.

"God damn it." The younger Salvatore complained as she left the kitchen to take her backpack to her room. "Uh, I'm going to be meeting with a friend so I probably won't stay for dinner." Mercedes admitted as Damon looked to the hellhound. "That's okay." He answered.

Curiosity then piqued as the Salvatore faced Mercy. "Is it a friend or..." He eyed her knowingly as Mercedes caught on and laughed. "Or a girlfriend?" She answered before she shook her head, "Just a friend. Ric's daughter actually, Lizzie."

"Oh, I know Lizzie. I gave her my pride and joy— my car." Damon replied as Mercedes paused in realisation. She could somehow remember Damon's car, but had no recollection of actually seeing it in person.

The hellhound shook her head, deciding to let it go before she looked back to Damon. "I'm gonna head off now... see you later." She said. "Okay, bye. Have fun on your date." Damon replied as Mercy laughed to herself as she left.

⋆⋅🔥⋅⋆

Approaching the Mystic Grill, Mercedes face lit up upon seeing Lizzie. "Hey." Lizzie greeted as Mercy offered the Saltzman a smile. "Hey." She responded.

The pair entered the Grill and took a seat before they each ordered a drink. Lizzie did a double take when the waitress returned minutes later and placed a glass with six shots of espresso down for Mercedes.

"Lizzie, what the hell are you doing?" Josie asked in surprise, as she looked at the mug beside the Salvatore kitchen's coffee machine to see four coffee shots inside while Lizzie was brewing the last two shots.

"This sort of coffee is going to keep you awake for days." The ravenette added as Lizzie laughed. "Do you really think I would drink this?" She asked as Josie paused. "I'm making it for my girlfriend."

Mercedes noticed Lizzie's confused look, as the Saltzman could recall a memory regarding Mercedes that Emma had accidentally skimmed past when altering them.