𝟭𝟮 🔥 𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝘆𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀

Approaching the village Vuurheske, Mercy felt like her heartbeat was beginning to increase

Approaching the village Vuurheske, Mercy felt like her heartbeat was beginning to increase. Lizzie noticed her looking a bit tense, and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "One word, and we'll be out of here." Lizzie reminded the Ramirez, as the hellhound nodded.

Driving through the village, Mercedes looked around to notice that most things looked the same. Some buildings had been rather modernised since she left, but not a lot of change had happened overall.

As Mercedes guided Lizzie to her old street, the ravenette felt as though her heart had leapt into her throat. She took a couple of deep breaths, as Lizzie parked the car in front of her Uncle and Aunt's home, which was next door to her own childhood home.

"What do you mean an unfamiliar car has come into town? Just talk to them and send them on their way." Brianna Ramirez' voice could be heard from the front of Mercy's childhood home, as Mercy and Lizzie got out of the car.

Brianna tended to walk around while she was on the phone... she always had done that. The pyromancer came to a halt as she now stood in the front garden, speaking to another village resident on the phone.

Mercedes, who was standing in front of her cousin's house, locked eyes with her mother, who was completely shocked. "I'll call you back." Brianna said, hanging up the phone before she began to approach Mercedes. Lizzie stepped beside Mercedes, locking eyes with Brianna as she was debating what to do if the woman tried to hurt her protector.

"You have some nerve showing your face here." Brianna huffed, glaring at her daughter. "I'm not here for you." Mercedes began, "I'm looking for Tahlia."

Brianna crossed her arms, "Tahlia doesn't want to see you, Mercedes. Just like none of us do." The Ramirez spoke harshly to her daughter, earning more glares from Lizzie.

"That's a bit rude. Why don't you let Tahlia speak for herself." Lizzie suggested, now crossing her arms also. Brianna scoffed at the Saltzman, "Who are you? The abomination's sidekick?" She asked, as Lizzie grit her teeth now.

"Look, I just want to see Tahlia. So if this conversation could end, I'll be out of your way." Mercedes spoke up, a sternness in her voice as she was growing impatient with her mother. "I told you, she doesn't want to see you!" Brianna responded, raising her voice to match her daughter's.

"Honey, what is going on?" Dominique Ramirez asked, exiting the house. He similarly stopped in his tracks to how Brianna had upon seeing his daughter. "Mercedes.." He stammered out, as a mix of emotions filled his face.

Out of her parents, Mercedes had always been closer to her father. Although she had been close to her mother too, Brianna tended to be more manipulative towards others. Dominique was the lesser of two evils, he seemed to of loved Mercedes more than Brianna ever had... until he learnt the truth.