𝟬𝟴 🔥 𝗶 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲

Mercedes was quick on her feet as she dashed back to the Old Mill

Mercedes was quick on her feet as she dashed back to the Old Mill. In a hurry, she looked around for Jade, to no avail.

The Ramirez knew she wouldn't be welcome in the school anymore, and she was trying to find her best friend to tell her so.

"There she is." A voice piped up, causing the ravenette to snap her head towards the entrance of the Old Mill, where she saw Josie and Jade now standing.

"Mercy." Jade sighed, already knowing what had happened. Mercedes eyes trailed from Jade to Josie, who had tear filled eyes.

"You must be insane to have let Kai go!" Josie snapped, wanting to rush forward to the hellhound and let her know just how angry she was, but Jade wouldn't let her.

"I didn't do it to hurt you, I did it to hurt your Dad." The Ramirez declared, as Josie shook her head, "Well regardless you've hurt me and you're going to hurt Lizzie." The Saltzman insisted as Mercy felt her heart sink.

"Does Lizzie know?" Mercedes asked, as her breath hitched in her throat. "I don't know if she knows yet, but she will. You should get out of here before she does, because she will probably have a meltdown." Josie rambled on, her glare still fixed on Mercedes.

The ravenette felt tears sting her eyes, as she didn't want to hurt Lizzie, but she wanted to hurt Alaric badly for what he did to her and the rest of the Prison World hostages.

⋆⋅🔥⋅⋆

Mercedes found herself sitting on a stone cold bench in the middle of the town square. She didn't know what to do or where to go, as she wasn't welcomed anywhere.

Curled up on the bench, her thoughts drifted to Lizzie, as she wondered if Alaric or Josie had told her what she'd done.

Unbeknownst to Mercedes, Lizzie was approaching her, cloaked by magic. The blonde had indeed heard the news and was understandably upset, but she still wanted to talk to her protector.

Taking a seat next to Mercedes, the ravenette felt her ears twitch as she could sense someone was there. Mercy looked around before she sighed, "Come out, whoever you are." She spoke, though she had a gut feeling that it was Lizzie.

The Saltzman appeared out of thin air, as Mercy felt her heart sink upon seeing the hurt on Lizzie's face, though unlike Alaric or Josie the blonde had no sign of hate in her eyes.

"Hey." Lizzie spoke, as Mercedes looked to her, hardly able to meet her eye. "Hey." The Ramirez replied.

Mercedes inhaled sharply before she admitted, "I'm sorry." Lizzie kept her eyes on the girl, staying quiet to let her speak. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

"I know... you would never." Lizzie replied, reaching out to place her hand on Mercedes thigh. "Why did you free him?" She asked, curiously.

"Because... I hate Alaric." Mercedes looked away for a moment, unable to reach Lizzie's eye as she knew her words would upset her. "I hate your Dad for locking us away in the Prison World, so I released Kai to spite him."

Lizzie was taken back, but she could understand the anger Mercy felt towards Alaric, because she felt it to for him taking her soulmate away from her.

"I hate him for keeping us apart... all these years I could feel whenever you were in anguish and I couldn't do a single thing. It was so awful." Mercedes confessed, as Lizzie felt tears sting her eyes.

"I needed you there, all those times... so I get the anger because I am really mad at my Dad for all of this." Lizzie replied, before she pulled her hand away from Mercedes. "But at the end of the day he is my Dad, and I can't be with you if you're going to be so hateful towards him." The Saltzman decided, a tear rolling down her cheek as she spoke.

Mercedes felt like heart was going to break. Lizzie was choosing her family over Mercy, but all along Mercedes thought Lizzie was her family.

"I can't just unhate your Dad." Mercy sighed, as Lizzie nodded, "I understand, Mer. I'm gonna talk to Dad because he needs to stop treating you like a jerk... if you come back to the school I'm sure we can figure it all out—"

Mercedes quickly shook her head, "I don't belong there, Liz, and you know it." She spoke. I don't belong anywhere Mercedes thought.

That made Lizzie's face fall, but she understood. "When you're ready, I've set you up a bed inside the school." She said with a weak smile, as she placed her hand to cup Mercedes cheek as the pair shared a sad longing glance.

Lizzie then stood up and walked away, heading back to the school. Mercedes waited for Lizzie to be out of sight before she let herself cry, unbeknownst to her that Lizzie was crying too on her walk back to the Salvatore school.

After a few moments, a blanket suddenly fell around the hellhound's body, confusing her. When Mercedes turned around, she noticed Jade, who was the person who'd placed the blanket around her.

"What are you doing here?" Mercy asked, as Jade moved to sit in the spot where Lizzie had been sitting moments earlier. "Keeping you company. You didn't think I'd let you be alone now did you?" Jade asked, placing the blanket around herself also.

"What about Josie?" Mercy asked, as anyone could notice the attraction between the pair. Jade shrugged, "She's not happy that I left but... you're my best friend, and if you're sitting out alone in the cold, then I'll be sitting right there with you." The Salvatore declared, bringing a smile to the hellhound's face.

Mercedes scooted closer to Jade, before she leant her head on the vampire's shoulder. Jade snuggled closer to the Ramirez, as they sat in a comfortable silence.

"Aw, isn't that sweet?"

The best friends snapped their heads up to see Kai standing before them, a smug grin on his lips. "What the fuck do you want?" Mercedes asked in a grumble, regretting freeing him simply because he was back in her face.

"I just wanted to thank you for saving my life, I didn't expect it at all Little Red." Kai spoke, as Mercedes couldn't roll her eyes any harder if she tried. "Don't expect that I won't try and end your life, either." Mercy hissed in response.

"Oh come on now, don't be like that. Not when I came all the way here to offer you something that I'm sure you'd be interested in..." Kai said, as Jade raised an eyebrow, "What would that be?" She demanded.

Kai answered with a smirk, "A place at my new school, Parker Academy."