CHAPTER 16

ZARDEN'S POINT OF VIEW

Waking up with an irksome and infuriating morning. It's already 12 noon but still here I am lying on my bed waiting for my parents to fly again to states-- hoping they will never comeback-- but damn, they will stay here for 2 weeks, fvcking irksome. I hate living with them. I hate them.

So much.

Some knocks on my door and I know it's mom, begging for me to go out from my room, eat together and talk about my day. Oh hell I hate it. I prefer not to eat whole day than to see their faces.

Akala yata nila hindi nakakahalata ang pagdadrama nilang okay sila sa isa't isa, oh hell I'm not a kid anymore.

I remembered when I was just nine years old, all I thought is they are happy at each other.
Before they leave the house I told them to kiss infront of me.. hug infront of me.. they did that and I am like a dumb kid watching two clowns.

But now I am old.

Namulat na ako sa katotohanang my mom and dad aren't good at each other. They are just acting like they are inlove with each other, acting like a husband and wife.

No one told me that they already divorced when I was just a baby. No one told me.

I am the one who broke that secret they tried to hide from me.

The times when they explained there point of views to me, they say "Me and your Dad aren't for each other son.. Im sorry.." and "Just accept that me and your mom didn't love each other anymore Zarden.. I hope you understand."

That time I just walked away infront of them. I sat beside a road and all I did all day is to cry.. cry.. cry.

I can't accept it that time.

That time.

Because this time, I change.

That pain, my heart turns into blue. I hate family reunions and I envy other family.

One time I was thinking, soon, I will be a father to my daughter and son and I don't want them to be hurt, being left, abandoned, or not the priority.

I don't like that they will encounter this pain I've been holding for a dozen of years.

The reason why my parents always leave me at the house. It's because they have their own lives already, own family. While here I am all alone.

My parents are still existing but for me they're already dead.

A knock from my door.. again.

But this time it's Manang Cely.

"Sir.. kain kana po.. nag-aalala na po kami sa inyo.." she begged

"Mamaya na." I muttered.

"Pero sir.."

"Dalhan mo nalang ako ng pagkain dito manang, ikaw na rin maghatid. Kung hindi ikaw, I won't open the door."

"Sige po sir.. basta ubusin niyo po ang ihahanda ko sa inyo.."

I didn't reply.

Naligo na ako't nagbihis. After I eat, may pupuntahan ako. I hate the atmosphere in this house, when they are here.

Ilang minuto lang ay dumating na rin si Manang Cely.

Sinunod din naman niya ang sinabi ko. Siya lang ang naghatid at walang tao sa paligid.

She smiled when he enters my room.

I'm not into talking to our helpers here, except Manang Cely. Siya ang pinakaunang yaya na nakilala ko. Saksi siya sa paglaki ko, kung paano ako pinagtaksilan ng mga magulang ko at mga malulungkot na araw habang hinahatiran niya ako ng pagkain.