Chapter 2: Not in Kansas Anymore

I could barley hear or feel anything. In my exhausted basically unconscious state I could faintly hear the sound of people rushing around and speaking quietly yet rushed. I could tell that I'm no longer on the pavement on the side of the road.

I think I'm on a stretcher as I can feel the movement and hear the sound of the wheels against a hospital floor. Oh great someone had the great idea to bring a nephilim to a hospital.

I blacked out again and when I woke up I was laying in a hospital bed in a room. I looked over and saw another patient in the room beside me also on a bed. She looked gorgeous, pretty blonde hair with bright blue eyes and a button nose. I mean I would hit it if I got the chance.

Okay time to leave. I tried to get up but my body is so sore. I felt as though I could barely move. I almost forgot that Lucifer stole my grace. Wait my grace. I concentrated and thankfully I could still feel it inside of me.

So he didn't succeed in stealing it all. But he was very close, there's almost little to none left. It's going to take a while to regenerate so I guess I'm stuck like this for a while. It's odd, I feel weirdly human. This is probably the closet to human I'll ever get. So maybe I should just run with it. Lay low and live like everyone else for a bit.

And then once my grace is back I can reunite with the boys. Oh shit Sam and Dean probably think I died. Oh well I guess it'll be a surprise when they see me.

A pretty brunette doctor walked into the room and came over to me. With the police in tow. Great they are probably wondering how I ended up half dead on the side of the road. It looked like an attempted murder. Well I mean it was. But they don't have to know that.

"Hello miss I'm Dr.Fell, how are you feeling." She asked kindly.

"Like I've been hit by a bus 1000 times. But oh well I'll survive." I said quickly in response.

"Well miss you have some pretty extensive bruising around mainly your neck area, and bruising around your whole body. You are also severely dehydrated. I am sorry to do this to you but your wounds are questioning, so the sheriff here is gonna have to talk to you." And with that Dr.Fell left the room and I was left alone with the sheriff and a deputy.

The sheriff looked kind and somewhat familiar. With short blonde hair and beautiful features. She looked like she could be the other patient in the rooms mom, she must be.

"Hi I'm sheriff Forbes but you can call me Liz, I'm just going to have to ask you a few questions if that's alright." She said with a kind smile.

I liked her already. "Yeah of course." I reply shortly.

"First I wanna start with your name, and do you have any parents or family that we can contact." Liz asked.

And with that my smile dropped. I don't have any family left. I have no idea where Sam and Dean are. And oh my god dad. He's gone. It's now just starting to sink in that I'll never see him again. He's not coming back this time.

"My name is Noa Lynne, and no I don't have anyone you can contact." I said as my voice dropped to a whisper and I avoided eye contact.

When I looked back towards her she had a look of sympathy on her face. And that's exactly what I didn't want, I sure as hell do not need anyones sympathy.

"Oh well that's okay then Noa, how old are you? Because if your underage you can't be released until you're under someone's custody." Liz stated.

"Well good thing I just turned 18." I said with a smirk. Thank god for that, well actually not god since he is a dead beat grandfather.