Chapter 22: Gloria

The car came to a screeching halt and I woke up to Klaus flinging my door open for me. What a gentlemen. 

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." Klaus said enthusiastically.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan questioned.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus asked.

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan explained with no emotion.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend." Klaus said with a smirk.

I've actually never been to Chicago before. It definitely was not on my bucket list. I'm more into tropical beach places, preferably outside of America.

I got out of the car and we made our way towards another bar. How lovely.

"Really? A bar again?" I huffed in exasperation.

Klaus turned to me "you're more then welcome to stay in the car."

"Yeah no I'll pass." I said quickly.

We entered the bar and it was completely empty with dim lighting. Stefan and Klaus surveyed the bar in.... memory??

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus questioned Stefan.

I was right they must've been here before. Because they're both ancient. Not as old as my dad though.

"I can't believe this place is still here." Stefan stated in awe.

An older dark-skinned lady made her way from around the bar. She had to be at least in her late 60s to 70s. She was tall, with bleach blonde short hair slicked down to her head.

I could sense her aura. She was definitely a witch, a powerful one at that. Shit, she's not going to like me being here.

Gloria walked over with a huge smile on her face. She didn't pay me any attention. "You got to be kidding me."

Klaus smiled back to her. "So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender..."

Gloria quickly cut him off "Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny."

She then turned to Stefan. "I remember you."

"Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be..." Stefan said hesitantly but was then cut off by Gloria.

"Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?"

Klaus then boasted "Gloria's a very powerful witch."

Gloria then turned to me. And I could see a new look enter her eyes. One of interest, and fascination.

"Now you, I don't remember you." Gloria pointed out.

"Yeah well that's because you don't know me, I'm Noa." I replied sassily.

"You.....your....You shouldn't be here." Gloria told me harshly.

Of course. Another biased old witch bitch. "Yeah well what's new." I said with a shrug.

Gloria turned swiftly. "Where did you find this abomination Klaus?" She demanded.

"I picked her up in mystic falls. But careful Gloria, we may have a past but I won't hesitate to rip out your spleen if you speak about my girl like that again." Klaus threatened with a dangerous glint in his voice.

"You don't know.... Do you?" Gloria questioned.

"What am I missing here?" Klaus asked with annoyance clear in his voice. He turned to both Stefan and I.