Chapter 14: Learning Secrets

The slumber party was a success. It was basic, we just hung out and talked. A bit about boys and just plan gossip because why the hell not. I then decided to open up to the girls about a bit of my history, which was basically that my mom died during birth and my dads gone.

It didn't feel right to keep absolutely everything a secret. And it felt good to open up a little. The girls night made me feel so human. It's the little things.

We went to bed late. Around 3:00am. Caroline, Elena, Bonnie and I somehow all managed to squeeze into Caroline's bed. I have no idea how.

We were abruptly awoken by Elena's phone ringing. Which made the rest of us all annoyed.

"Go away!" Caroline moaned and then pushed Elena off the bed.

She landed on the ground with a bang which resulted in a chuckle from me. Elena crawled across the floor and answered the phone. Which left the rest of us to look at her pissed.

She got the message and exited the room. And we went back to sleep. When we woke up Elena was gone. Probably off somewhere in Stefan land.

We decided to go to the grill for lunch. Just the cure we needed for our long night. I ordered chicken fingers and mashed potatoes. Which is my absolute favourite meal on the planet.

I was munching down on my food while Bonnie and Caroline entered conversation.

"Okay. So tell me about this big, witchy plan you've been cooking up." Caroline asked Bonnie.

Bonnie responded "We still don't know the extent of what Elijah's up to."

Which earned a quick retort from Caroline. "No, we don't."

Then Bonnie continued "So, I'm gonna ask Luka to tell me what he knows."

I snorted in response to that statement.

"And he's not gonna tell you anything." Caroline said and I quickly chimed in "I agree."

Bonnie's eyes narrowed as she said "I didn't say he was gonna have a choice."

Ouuuu boss bitch Bonnie. I like it.

Caroline's attention turned elsewhere and I followed her line of vision to see that she was staring at Matt. Matt turned and looked at us and Caroline gave him a small smile and a wave. Matt didn't return the gesture, he gave her a harsh stare and then walked away.

"What was that about?" Bonnie questioned.

Caroline's smiled left her face as she turned to us "Uh, I don't know. I thought that we were...I don't know."

Poor Caroline. "Well it must be something? What happened that could've pissed him off care?" I asked.

She thought hard for a minute then a look of realization struck her face.

"Oh seriously? I was supposed to hangout with Matt last night and talk about things. And I got kidnapped. So I didn't really have time to cancel..." Caroline said as she trailed off.

"Well fuck Caroline that's not your fault. But I don't think he's going to understand that. You know it may be easier if you just explain-." I told Caroline but was cut off immediately by the other two girls.

"No!" They both exclaimed at the same time.

And I put my hands up in defeat. "Sorry! Jeez it was just a suggestion."

Bonnie decided to chime in "it's fine Noa. But Matt wouldn't react well. Hell I didn't react well and I know about the supernatural."

"Yeah you're right, this situation just sucks for you though care." I said in response.