Chapter 29: an enlightening dinner

The next day I woke up completely healed from the events of last night. I showered and spent the day to myself, reading, and watching my favourite movies.

I got a text from Damon which surprised me. He hasn't spoken to me since I saved Klaus from mikeal.

Damon: come to the boarding house for 7:30, and look nice ;).

Noa: ummm why?

Damon: we have a scheduled negotiation dinner with Elijah and Klaus.

Noa: Elijah's back??

Damon: yeah I free'd him from his magical coma.

Noa: okay, see you then.

I have no idea why I'm invited to this dinner because I don't think anything about it happens to concern me. But it would be rude for me to turn it down. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

I put on the dress that Klaus bought me, I could've picked another one. But I just wanted to wear it for some reason. I pulled my hair back into a braid and pulled out the front pieces to frame my face. Then I put light makeup on that wasn't too noticeable.

I put on my shoes and headed out the door. I teleported outside of the Salvatore boarding house. Damon answered the door.

"All dressed up for your new boyfriend I see." Damon teased.

"What are you talking about?" I asked in confusion.

"You and Klaus? Come on Noa you can do better then our number one enemy." Damon said.

"I'm not with Klaus Damon, I can barley stand the fucker. Just because I didn't want him to die doesn't mean I'm in love with him." I huffed.

"Whatever you need to tell yourself brownie." Damon said with a fake smile.

"Stefan let's go!" Damon called. We all piled into Damon's car, I was in the back of course. I sent Stefan death glares the whole time, still holding a grudge over last night.

"I'm sensing tension." Damon stated.

"Did Stefan not tell you about our little rendezvous last night?" I questioned.

Stefan then visibly stiffened. "No....?" Damon questioned.

"Oh Stefan just decided it would be a great idea to kidnap me, chain me up and try to run me off of wickery bridge along with Elena." I told Damon.

"Wait what? Stefan I knew you were going through a phase but." Damon told him.

"You are one of Klaus's weaknesses Noa, collateral damage. Why do you think we're bringing you with us tonight?" Stefan said.

"Because of my amazing humour and company?" I asked.

"Because Klaus cares about you, it's not my fault you're too stupid to see it." Stefan said.

"You little fuc-." I started to say but Damon quickly cut me off "now now children, save the bickering for later. We're here."

We walked up the door and Elijah answered. "Niklaus, our guests have arrived."

I walked out from behind Stefan and Damon. Alerting Elijah to my presence.

"Awe the lovely Noa, a pleasure as always." He said as he reached for my hand and gave it a delicate kiss.

"Finally my favourite original has been brought back from the dead." I told him in response.

Klaus quickly cut off the moment we were having "Damon. Stefan. Noa. Elijah tells me, you seek an audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men, shall we?"