Chapter 6: Historical Picnic

I woke up after a dreamless night. I tried to stretch but wait. There's an arm around my waist. Damon Salvatore's arm to be exact. Oh god. I almost forgot I slept with Damon last night. Not my greatest moment, but do I regret it? Not at all. That man is talented in the bedroom.

I tried my best to sneak out.. I slowly removed his arm off of me. And then hurried around the room to find my clothes. Walk of shame time it is. I got dressed quickly and started to head to the front door. As soon as I was about to open the door and leave I heard a voice.

"Wow. Didn't peg you for the type to not even stay for breakfast. Your loss though. I make some mean blueberry pancakes." Damon said.

I turned around to face him and he stood there shirtless, while doing up his jeans. He had a trail of hickeys from his chest leading down to his-yeah.

"Well I didn't peg you as the type to cook Mr.Salvatore." I responded as I made my way back into the living room.

I honestly thought Damon would want me gone by now. But the offer of pancakes is too good to pass up.

Damon headed into the kitchen and started to make breakfast while I sat on the couch. He returned and handed me a plate of pancakes. They had vampire faces on them. Blueberry's for eyes and whip cream for fangs.

"Well aren't you subtle about it ." I stated while snorting.

"I don't want to be subtle about it, being a vampire is the best thing about me." He said proudly.

Damon took a seat beside me on the couch and started to eat his pancakes.

"I admire that about you ya know." I said while digging in.

"Admire what?" He questioned confused.

"That you can embrace it. Being a vampire. Instead of sulking and brooding about it you enjoy it. You make it fun." I explained.

Damon stared at me dumbfounded "no one has ever said that to me before."

"Yeah well not everyone thinks like me." I said while giving him a wink.

"You know when I said this was a no strings attached kinda thing I meant it, I like you Damon I really do. You're fun. But I don't want anything serious." I stated after.

I just want it to be clear to him. The last thing I want to do is lead him on.

"Well it's a good thing that I don't either. But that doesn't mean we can't have......fun." He said the last part with a smirk.

"Well fun it is then." I agreed with a smile.

This is good. Damon and I can have fun and mess around while still being friends. It benefits both of us.

"Brownie, would you do me the honour of being my plus one to the historical founders picnic today? It's going to be so dreadfully boring, I could use you there. Plus we could piss off mason again together." Damon reasoned.

Hmmmm should I? I mean what's the harm, it's not like I'm gonna be hanging out with Caroline again today since she's still mad at me.

"Why of course Mr.Salvatore, when shall we leave?" I said in a fake British accent.

He snorted "yeah no if you talk like that I'm going to leave you here. I was planning on having a shower before we go, if you would like to join."

Damn this man doesn't know when to quit. Neither do I.

"Lead the way." I said.

I took his hand in mine and he lead us to the bathroom. And then yeah I'm sure you can imagine what happened in there.