Chapter 5: getting to know the scooby gang

Last night I had another dream about dad. It went very similar to the last one. Me and dad having a conversation and then Lucifer, appeared and shoved dads archangel blade into him. It's like a constant loop on repeat. That I don't think I'll ever be able to get out of my head.

I held my hand out and materialized the archangel blade into my hand. I traced my finger along the edge of it. I'm just glad to have a part of dad with me. Even though this is the very weapon that was used to destroy him.

I looked at the handle. And sent some of my grace into it. Carving the initials G.L. into it and N.L. My dads initials and mine. I know dad technically didn't have a last name, but Lynne is the last name he choice to go by. Whenever we made reservations or travelled together. I think in a way it helped him feel connected to mom. Just like how my name does as well.

And then I couldn't help but to think about him. The devil himself. I'm afraid that one day, he's going to find me and try to take the rest of my power. Like he did that night. It's a constant fear I feel creeping up on me.

I don't think he has the ability to open the multiverse like I can. But I don't know if that will necessarily stop him. I know that one day I'll have to face him again, but I can only hope that won't come for a very long time.

Caroline invited me to a barbecue at Elena's house today as her plus one. I don't think Caroline necessarily asked if I could come. But that's fine by me. It gives me a chance to get to know the Scooby gang better.

And prove I'm not an enemy. I was thinking it does look kinda suspicious that I showed up at the same time as Katherine. Even though it is just a coincidence.

I decided to dress casually for the barbecue. I pulled out a pair of light washed skinny jeans with no rips. Because ew I hate ripped jeans. And then threw on a skin tight white tank top. Deciding that this outfit was a little too sexy for a barbecue I decided to throw on a bit of an oversized beige plaid flannel. Unbuttoned of course, so it's worn as more of a cardigan. The flannel reminds me of Sam and Dean. God I miss those boys.

I headed to the bathroom and put on some light make up and then decided to leave my hair down. My hair has a natural slight curl to it that looks perfect without needing anything done. Thanks mom for that.

I saw that Caroline texted me saying she's here so I quickly three on my docs and headed out the door.

"So I'm assuming you didn't tell Elena you invited me." I stated to Caroline.

She looked at me with a mischievous grin "how'd you know?" She questioned.

"Because I've only met most of the Scooby gang briefly once, so I doubt they would want me to come to their barbecue. But oh well, it'll be interesting." I responded.

We basically chit chatted the rest of the way there. But something seemed off about Caroline. I can't put my finger on what it is. But with my senses I could tell that she's anxious.

Fiddling her fingers, biting her lip. And Caroline is usually confident so it's odd. But I don't question it. I'll figure it out eventually.

As we get out of the car we looked to see Elena standing on the porch. Caroline and I made our way over to her and could see that she's giving Stefan presumably an annoyed voicemail. Trouble in paradise I guess.

"Is that Stefan?" Caroline questioned.

Elena sighed and replied "Yeah, he hasn't called me back. I'm trying to decide if I should be worried."

And this is how I can differentiate between Elena and Katherine. Elena is actually caring, and seems like a kind girl. So far.

Caroline shrugged "I'm sure he's fine." And then continued to eat her chips.