Chapter 30: the mikaelson ball part 1

I was eating birthday cake alone at my kitchen table. When suddenly as per usual in my dreams now a days. Lucifer showed up.

"I was wondering when you'd show." I said casually.

"Awe you know me so well Noa." He stated sarcastically.

"Can you please leave me alone, it's my birthday today." I asked. Sick of his bs.

"What's the fun in that? I promised you I would give you misery until you freed me." Lucy stated.

"Well damn it was worth a try." I said as I continued to eat my cake.

Suddenly a bright light appeared and Lucifer disappeared. Probably another one of his tricks, but someone else took his place instead.

"Dad?" I asked in disbelief.

"Happy birthday baby!" He said and held his arms open for me. I ran into his arms not caring if it was a trick or not.

"How do I know it's you and not Lucifer?" I asked.

"Remember that time when you were 16 and I walked in on you and-." Dad started to say but I quickly cut him off "okay yeah it's you."

"I couldn't let my idiot brother ruin your birthday, I may be dead but. At least we can have this." He told me.

I was grateful for that. We sat and ate and chatted for a while about my life and what was going on. He basically knew everything already since he's been watching over me from the great beyond.

"You know. I've been checking on the boys and they miss you. They've been talking about your birthday for weeks." Dad told me.

"Yeah well, not like there's anything I can do about it." I said with  shrug.

"Yeah that's a shame isn't it. Have a good birthday baby. I love you." Dad said.

"I love you too daddy." I told him. I gave him one last hug and he disappeared. And I woke up.

My smile was large. I was so grateful that dad was still with me. And we could have my little birthday party in my dreams. I know it was real, I can feel his energy.

I got out of bed and looked on my end table. To my surprise there was a rolled up piece of paper tied together with a ribbon and a small rectangular box.

I unfolded the paper and let out a gasp. It was a beautiful hand drawn photo of me, it looked so lifelike. At the bottom of the photo it said 'happy birthday love, fondly Klaus'.

Klaus drew this for me? I can't believe it, it was so thoughtful and beautiful

Klaus drew this for me? I can't believe it, it was so thoughtful and beautiful. It must've taken him all night, considering he didn't know about my birthday until then. Why would he do this for me? Butterflies erupted in my stomach along with a feeling I couldn't explain.