Um Emma???

Butternut Hollow

Middletown, Connecticut

Emma: *fishing in her black shiny knee high boots barefoot with a blue shirt and dark blue denim shorts* This is the life! Beautiful weather!

Charlotte: Emma? Isn't she supposed to be in school?

ice_elizy: Not this again! She did the same thing last year! Where's Ken?

Charlotte: He went to Wallingford.

ice_elizy: I have to tell him! Sorry to rat Emma out, but its the right thing to do!

Iris: She's graduating next month!

Me: Exactly!

Emma: *sees us* Oh no!!! Um..... Its not what it looks like!

Iris: Why aren't you in school, Emma?

Emma: Got let out early.

Charlotte: Where's the rest of the crew?

Emma: What crew? *playing dumb*

Charlotte: Brandon, Kyle, Andrea, Dorian, Kara, and Ariel!

Emma: Uh, they got out early too! There was a gas leak at school, so there was an early dismissal! Don't want to inhale the toxic fumes! *laughs nervously*

Charlotte: *skeptical* Uh huh.

Me: *texts Brandon* Are you home?

Brandon: *texts back* Still at school, why?

Me: *texts back* Emma isn't in school. She at the park, fishing. She said something about a gas leak at the school. Is that true?

Brandon: *texts back* No, there wasn't a gas leak at the school.

Me: Ahem! *glares at Emma*

Emma: I know it looks bad......

Petrom66: What have you got to say for yourself?

black_lesbian_writer: Yeah, what have you got to say for yourself?

Emma: Please don't tell Ken, okay? Please! I'm sorry! Can someone give me a ride to school!! So, I can have lunch?

Charlotte: *sighs* Emma..... *shakes her head in total disbelief*

This story was written on Wednesday, May 25th, 2022.

A/N Emma, what in pepperoni pizza's name are you doing?!!! You're supposed to be in school!! This is exactly what happened last year!! Ken is gonna hear about this! 😡 You're not off the hook by any means! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.