chapter 7 ~itona?

I'm late! I haven't been to school in a couple of days and I'm late. Damn. I ran in the rain with my umbrella. There was also going to be another new student in my class. Damn. I have to get along with another student. I ran as fast as I could to the entrance of the old campus building and saw a huge hole in the wall. "What the hell happened?" I asked as I shook the water off my umbrella. "[Y/n]-chan, how many times have I told you, arrive to class on time." Koro-sensei nagged. "Yeah, yeah." I said. As my back was turned, I felt a pair of arm wrap around by waist and a chin rest on my shoulder. "[Y/n]-chan..." I heard. I let out a small screech and elbow the person in the face sending them flying into a desk. I was too freaked out to realize at voice sound familiar. I pulled out my knife and turned around. Everyone was dumbfounded and confused on what was happening. "[Y/n]-chan...it's me." He said my name again and I slowly backed away. "Ito...na-kun?" I said the memories of my past came back to mind. My eyes widened and I dash out of the classroom into the rain. 'Monster.' 'You're scary.' "Stop it." I muttered. 'Assassins are killers!' 'Monsters can't have friends.' 'You're a monster!' "Shut up!" I yelled. I could still see myself in that room full of dead children, blood everywhere. I looked down at my hands that were covered in blood with a knife in my hand. "[Y-Y/n], what have you done?" My father said while looking at the mess. "P-Papa, they called me a m-monster for b-being an assassin and something told me t-to kill them all. A-Am I a monster, Papa? Will I kill a lot of in-innocent people?" 4 year old, me said. My father gave a sad smile and picked me up. "It's hard for assassins to make friends. That's why, you don't tell people that we are assassins. Your papa can get into a lot of trouble if anyone else finds out." My dad said and I nodded. "Monsters like me can't have friends." I muttered. Then suddenly, an image of younger Itona came to my mind. "[Y/n]-chan..."He voice rung in my head. I didn't know if it was tears or the rainwater rolling down my cheek. I didn't know how long I sat in the rain, but I'm sure people are looking for me. I felt the air around me dry and looked up at Karasuma who was holding an umbrella over my head. "You should be outside in the rain, you could get sick." Karasuma looked pissed then he noticed my expression. "What's the matter?" He asked and I shook my head. "It's nothing. Let's go." I said. Once at the building, I changed into another uniform and Karasuma gave me warm tea to warm up. After I drink it, I sighed and walked back to class. Everyone looked at me and started asking questions. Like where were you?' 'Are you alright?' 'Why did you run away?' I sweat nervously. "I'm fine, there's no need to worry." I said walked over to Itona and pulled up a chair. "I have something to tell you." I whispered and he swallow the candy in his mouth. "What is it?" He asked. "Don't tell anyone about our past, especially mine. If they find out, I could get taken away." I whispered and his eyes widened a bit. "So from now on, my last name is Karasuma, okay?" I said and he nodded. I leaned back in my chair. "Here." Itona said and handed me a pack of chocolate picola. I gladly took them because I was starving and I didn't pack a lunch. Itona doesn't often like to share his sweet but with me, he'll made an exception. "So what are you doing here anyway?" I asked and started eating the snack. Itona pointed at Koro-sensei. "I'm here to kill the one those stronger than me and protect you from getting harmed by him or anyone else." His facial expression changed from calm to raged. I understood he's rage because of what happened to us in the past. I patted his head and Itona looked at me in shock. I smiled kindly at him. "Don't worry about me, I'm fine now. I can handle myself." I said and he nodded but I didn't notice the faint blush on his cheeks. Little did I know, everyone in class were watching the whole scene in awe. There a few boys that were jealous while Koro-sensei laughed a bit and wrote something down. "So you and Koro-sensei are brother now?" I asked while raising a brow and Itona nodded. "Well, you do have his sweet tooth." I said and noticed him looking at a perverted magazine. I sweatdropped. "...and his perverted big boob fetish." I said. "I'm not a pervert." Itona said. I smiled a bit. "Whatever, I have to go talk to a teacher. See ya, Itona-kun." I said and walked out of the class to the teacher lounge. "Karasuma, did you find anything abou...who is that?" I asked while looking at a man in all white. "I'm Itona's guardian. You can call me Shiro and you are?" He said. "[Y/n]." I said. "You and Itona seem to know each other, may I ask how?" He asked and I was a little creeped for some reason. "We're childhood friends." I said while backing away a little. "Well, Karasuma, it seems like you are busy so I'll leave." I said.

After school was the match between Itona and Koro-sensei. Itona took off his scarf and jacket while Koro-sensei stood there awkwardly. "You must be sick of plain old assassination, Koro-sensei. Shall we lay down a rule here?" Shiro asked. "How about...stepping foot out of the ring means death on the spot. What do you think?" Shiro continued. I grew nervous. One of them will die. I didn't want Itona to die but being in this class for a while allowed me to grow fond of the class. I also didn't want Koro-sensei to die. I know Koro-sensei would agree to the rules. He always cared about what he's students taught of him. "All right. I accept your rule. However, Itona, hurting the spectators is also a loss." Koro-sensei said and Itona nodded. "Start on my signal. Assassination...begin." Shiro said and in a blink of an eyes, Koro-sensei tentacle was cut off. My eyes widened. "T-Tentacles?! He never...." I said. Koro-sensei looked pissed. "Where did you get those...those tentacles?!" Koro-sensei growled. "We're not obligated to tell you that, Koro-sensei. But this ought to have convinced you: you have different parents, different upbringings, but still, you are brothers. My, what a scary face you're making. Did you perhaps remember something unpleasant?" Shiro said. "It would appear.. you and I will need to have a little talk." Koro-sensei said as his limb grew back. "But we can't. You'll be dead." Shiro said and something came from sleeve. "Exposure to this pressure ray at close range triggers dilatant behavior in your cells. Your body stiffens instantly." Shiro said and Itona started to attack. I felt uneasy. I could tell this wasn't going in Koro-sensei's favor. Itona cut out 2 of Koro-sensei's legs and Koro-sensei fell to his knees. His stamina was running low. If they keep this up, they'll be able to kill Koro-sensei, they'll save the world. But, why do I feel so sad. Even if he can be annoying, Koro-sensei is a great teacher and a good friend. Itona stabbed Koro-sensei and my eyes widened. Then I noticed it wasn't Koro-sensei's tentacle color. "What's this? You seem to have stepped in something I've dropped." Koro-sensei said and I saw anti-sensei knives on the floor. I reached into my pocket and notice mine was gone. Koro-sensei trapped Itona in his skin. "If our tentacle are the same, then these anti-me knives will work the same too. And the loss of a tentacle unnerves us both. But I'm little crafter than you." Koro-sensei said and threw Itona out the window. I rushed over to the window to see if he was alright. "You should be unharmed, wrapped in my old skin like that. But your feet are outside the ring. I win. According to the rules that means you die. You can't kill me anymore." Koro-sensei said and Itona glared. "If you want to live, stay and learn with everyone in this class. Something that can't be that easily measured by crunching numbers. That would be the experience gap. I've lived a little longer than you and come to know a little more. I became a teacher because I wanted to pass that on to you all. If you don't take my experience from me here in this classroom, you'll never be able to beat me."Koro-sensei said and Itona got pissed. "I won't? I'm weak?!" Itona said and his tentacles turned black. "I'm strong. These tentacles made me stronger than all the rest to protect [Y/n] from harm anyone brings to her!" Itona growled and jumped through the window to attack Koro-sensei but Shiro shot something at Itona to knock him out. "Apologies, Koro-sensei. It seema this boy wasn't yet mentally prepared for school. I knw it's his first day and all...but he'll be taking a little break." Shiro said. "Wait! I can't just let that student go I'm his teacher! I shall look after him until he graduates! And, Mr. Shiro...I have so very much to ask you." Koro-sensei said. "Yeah, no. We're leaving. Or would you stop us by force?" Shiro asked. The octopus tried to stop him, but as soon as he touched Shiro, his tentacle melted. "Anti-Sensei fibers. You literally can't touch me. Don't worry. He'll be back before long, Koro-sensei. After all, March is just around the corner. I'll take on the task of tutoring him at home." Shiro said and walked out of the old building while carrying Itona in the rain. My class started putting the desks back together. I stared at the direction Shiro walked. "[Y/n]-chan? Are you alright?" I heard and turned to Kayano asked. "Oh, I'm fine." I said. "[Y/n]-san, how do you and Itona-kun know each other?" Nagisa asked. "Yeah, he seems a little overprotective of you." Karma said. "Could it be a boyfriend?!" Nakamura said and everyone started asking many question. I sighed. "Sit down. I guess it's story time." I said and sat on Koro-sensei's desk. Even Koro-sensei was sitting at a desk to listen in on the story. "I'll be short and straight to the point. Karasuma when I say this don't try to give me one of those inspirational speeches again." I said and Karasuma nodded. I sighed again. "Itona-kun...is like a brother to me. When I was young, the kids in my school bullied me because I was training to be an assassin. I wanted to run away, so I did. I ran away to the forest and met Itona. We had the same problem with bullying and we decided to be friends to protect each other. even after I was adopted by Karasuma, I would sneak off to see him. One day, I saw Itona getting bullied so I punched the boy in the face. The boys got angry and was about to hit me, but Itona took the beating instead. It's been 2 years since I've seen him." I said and everyone 'awe'ed. I sighed. "I really I hate talking about the past." I muttered. 'Monster!' "It's...a little...y'know." I said.