chapter 21~reaper pt.1

"What do you mean I can't have anymore money, old man?!" I yelled while walking up the mountain to the old campus. "Exactly what I said! You're wasting your money on useless things. You're going to wait until the government pays you." Karasuma said and I glared. "Probably gone broke already." I muttered. "What was that shortie?" He said. "You wanna go, old man?!" I yelled. Karasuma glared. "I'm not old!" He growled. "Careful, I think I see a few grey hairs forming. Pretty soon, you'll have grandchildren." I said. "So you're saying you'll have children." Karasuma said with a smirk. "Hell no!" I yelled.

~~~

I got up to speed with the plan to get Irina and Karasuma together, since it was Irina's birthday. I was with Nagisa's group until I got a phone call. I stepped at from the group. "Hello?" I answered. "Hello, Ms. [L/n]." I heard and my eyes widened. "Oh [Y/n]-chan, I had no idea that your father was a wanted assassin. And the bounty on you is 7 million yen? Wow." Asano said. "Bastard, how did you...?" I growled. "I did a little research. Met me at Isogai-kun's café, after school." Asano said and hung up. 'I am screwed.' I thought to myself and rejoined the group. We walked back to school with the bouquet of roses to gave to Karasuma. "A bouquet for Irina's birthday? Why me? She'd be happier to get it from you." Karasuma said. 'Idiot.' I thought. 'And you call Karasuma dense.' Karma's voice rung in my head. "Karasuma-sensei, if you consider that bitch a vital asset, wouldn't winning your colleague over be big part of your job? Oh, and let's not tell her who got the bouquet." Karma said. 'Nicely played' I thought to myself. "You do have a point. All right, I'll do it. Thank you for your concern." Karasuma said and took the flowers. We all watched from the window. I smiled a bit when Karasuma gave Irina the flowers. "Nice." I muttered. I notice Irina face turn sour once Karasuma started talking about business. 'Karasuma, you idiot.' Irina walked over and opened the window we were hiding behind. "Crap." I muttered. "No way would that square think to give me flowers for my birthday." She said and shot Koro-sensei. "Did you enjoy yourselves? Stringing along a pro assassin, watching her get her hopes up?" Irina said. "That's not it, Ms. Irina. the student acted out of pure affection to-" Koro-sensei said. "Save your lame argument, octorazzi!" Irina said and handed Karasuma the bouquet. "You've opened my eyes. Thanks for the best present ever." Irina said. This was pissing me off. "Karasuma, don't tell me you still haven't noticed." I said. "Do I really look that dense to you? You may think I'm heartless, but if she can't keep her cool, I'll hire another assassin. She's not qualified to work here if her blade can be blunted by romance. That's all there is to it." Karasuma said.

~~~

I sighed as I sat in a booth with Asano. To be honest, I was scared. I didn't want my secret to come out. Asano sat with a smirk on his face. "So Ms. [L/n]-" He said and I covered his mouth. "Shut the hell up. Do you want to be killed?" I growled then sighed. "Look, saying my last name out loud is dangerous and you could end up dead. So, what do you want anyway?" I asked. "To know your secrets." He said and I glared. I noticed a shady man sitting in a booth beside us. "Let's go." I muttered and grabbed Asano's hand. We walked out of the café, down the street. "What are-" "Shh." I hushed him. I noticed the guy was following us. "Go." I said while pushing him away. "What?" Asano said. "Shut up and leave before you get hurt." I said and walked over to the man. He pulled out a knife and I dodged it. I led him into an alleyway. The man came at me with the knife again and I kicked it out of his hands. I blocked his attempt to kick me and punch him in the gut. I pulled out my knife and cut him across the chest then tackled him to the ground. I covered his mouth and stabbed him repeatedly in the chest until he was completely dead. I gave an amusing smiled and continued to stab his dead corpse. I began to laugh like a innocent child until I realized with I had done. 'Monster!' My eye widened and I looked at my bloody hands. "I'm...a monster....a-and I was doing...so well" I muttered and saw Asano. I grabbed my knife and ran home.