chapter 30~ valentines drama

It was now February and I'm close to cracking the formula. I looked out my window and saw snow. I looked at the time, and saw I was late for school again. I sighed and got dressed. I'm running out of time. I've been out for a few days. I am pretty sure my classmates have taken the entrance exams to the high school they want. I, on the other hand, already have a college degree at 15 so I don't need to go to high school. I looked at myself in the mirror. I was normal. I still am an assassin, but I don't go crazy with killing like I used to. I smiled a bit and clutched my fists. "I can finally be normal!" I cheered and twirled around. I stopped and looked at the calendar. "Valentine's Day..." I muttered. Then an idea hit me. "Cake!"

~~~

I made it to school and noticed tons of flowers at the entrance gates. I raised a brow. "What the hell?" I said. "[Y/n]...." I heard and turned to see Asano. "Here." He said and handed me a box. "Happy Valentine's Day." He continued and I blushed a bit. I've never been anyone's valentine. "T-Thanks." I said and took the box. I put it in my bag. "Well...see ya." I said and walked to the old campus. I sat at my desk and opened the box. I was a cake. My eyes sparkled. 'He knows me to well!' I thought and noticed a note still in the box with a ring taped to it. I was about to read it until...."What do we have here?" I heard Karma. I shoved the note in my pocket. "I-It's nothing. Asano just gave me this." I said while blushing a bit. Karma glared a bit and shoved his hand in his pocket. I saw him grit his teeth and began to stomp away. "W-Wait! Karma!" I called and ran after him. I followed him near the shed where Nakamura and Kayano were. "What's going on?" I asked. "We're setting her up with Nagisa-kun." Nakamura said with an evil smirk. I felt a pain in my heart, but I smiled a bit. "I'll help too. I don't really have any experience though." I said. We started with studying the case of giving chocolates. First it was Sugino and Kanzaki. Sugino was freaking out while Kanzaki was calm and collected. "Receiver Sugino is insanely overjoyed, but the giver Kanzaki is calm. Probably just a formality." Karma explained. "His 'insanely overjoyed' is insanely frightening." Nakamura said and I nodded. Next was Chiba and Hayami. They were protecting shooting with chocolate bites. "Their firing distance is one of a kind, all right." Nakamura said. 'What is that suppose to mean?' I thought. I lost the group after that. I began walking through the mountains until I ran into Itona and Terasaka's group. I was going to continue to walk back to the campus until I felt someone grabbed my hand. It was Itona. "Ooooh~" The group cooed while Itona blushed and told them to shut up. "Uh..." Itona muttered and rummaged through his pocket. He pulled out a necklace. "Here." Itona said and handed it to me. My eyes widened a bit. "Thanks, Itona-kun. I love it." I said and smiled. Itona blushed darkened and he nodded. "Good." he muttered. I began to walk to the old campus until I ran into Isogai. He was holding a huge bag fill of candy. "Wow. Did you buy that?"I asked and Isogai shook his head. "Kataoka-san bought it for me. You want one?" Isogai asked while rummaging to grab one. I shook my head. "No, it's your gift. I actually have a gift for you." I said and handed him some money. "I didn't tip you the last time I came to the cafe. It's a little extra to take care of your mom." I said and looked away while blushing. Isogai dropped the bag and pulled me into an embrace. "Thank you, [Y/n]-san. You're too kind." He said and hugged me a little tighter then kissed my cheek. I smiled a bit and blushed even more. I finally made it to the old campus and looked through the window. My eyes saddened a bit as I saw Kayano about to give her chocolate. I felt someone grab me from behind and kissed me. My eyes widened as that person pulled away. It was Maehara. I turned red as he chuckled a bit. "Sorry, I couldn't resist." He said. "Is that you typical playboy attitude?" I asked and laughed a bit. "Harsh. Anyway, I came to ask. Will you....go out and eat some cake with me?" Maehara asked and I nodded. "Sure."I said. We walked to the entrance to the main campus. "[Y/n]!" "[Y/n]-chan!" "[Y/n]-san!" My name was being called from all angles. "Eh!" Isogai, Karma, Nagisa, Itona and Asano were all running after us. Then ending up glaring at each other. "Too late, guys. I already asked her out." Maehara said with a smug grin. They glared at him. "H-How about we all hang out? I'll pay." I said. They all seemed to have come to an agreement. It was pretty awkward. Mostly because they continued to glare at each other. 'What has gotten into them?' I thought to myself. After we ate, Karma walked me home. "Thanks, Karma." I said and he nodded. "Uh...here." Karma said handed me a box of chocolate. "Aww thanks." I cooed and Karma's face turned as red as his hair. "Bye." He quickly said and walked away just as fast. I giggled and walked into my apartment. Karasuma wasn't home. Probably out on a date with Irina. I walked to my room and walked into the balcony. There was a sudden gust of wind and a familiar yellow alien in front of me. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME, [Y/N]-CHAN?!!" Koro-sensei shouted and I hushed him. "What are you doing here?!" I whispered-yelled. "You didn't give me any chocolate!' Koro-sensei whined with tears in his eyes. I sighed and grabbed the piece of cake that I left on the coffee table. "I got you cake." I said and he took it. "Now you should get back before you get in trouble." I said and Koro-sensei nodded. "And Sensei..." I called and Koro-sensei turned back to me. "Thank you...for everything." I said and he turned pink. I giggled and went inside. "Now, time to work on this antidote." I said and started.