chapter 8 ~baseball

I stretched and leaned back on the tree. The sun felt good on my skin. The raining season was over and summer was on it's way. I stood up and climbed a tree then jumped from branch to branch. I arrived the main campus and went to the vending machine to get some juice. "[Y/n]-chan." I heard and turned to see Nagisa, Karma, and Sugino. "Hey." I said and grabbed my juice. I walked with them. "The raining season is finally over." Sugino said. "It's starting to get hot." Nagisa said. "The season for outdoor activities. How about we go have fun somewhere outside?" Sugino said. "Sure, what do you want to do?" Nagisa asked. "How about fishing?" Karma said. "Sound good. What's there to catch right now?" Nagisa asked. "Summer is the season for fresh delinquents. Let's use Nagisa as bait to catch the ones that try to shake him down and fleece them instead!" Karma explained and I cracked my knuckles. "Sounds fun." I said. "I never knew delinquents were seasonal." Nagisa said. "What should we do?" Sugino said "What do you want to do Nagisa?" Karma asked. "Oh how about the beach?" Nagisa said and I nodded. We noticed that Sugino stopped. I looked at looked in the direction Sugino was looking and saw the captain of the baseball team. "Hey, Sugino, it's you! Long time no see." The captain, Shindo, said then the whole baseball team came to greet him. They seemed happy to see him and same for Sugino. "You're in E class so you get to goof off everyday. We've got schoolwork and the club, so we're running on fumes." One of them said and I glared. "Knock it off. That's not nice. Juggling both schoolwork and extracurriculars at a prep school isn't something you have to do unless you're one of the chosen." Shindo said and I tightened my hands into a fist. I walked over and placed by hand on Sugino's shoulder. "You make it sound like you're the one of the chosen." I said and crossed my arm. I could hear some of the guys coo over me. "Wow." "What a beaut." "Damn." "How could E class have such a pretty girl?" "Look at those jugs." My eyebrow twitched. "That's right, I am. Don't like it? Then I'll show you at the ball game tournament. There are those chosen to stand at the top and those who aren't." He said with a smug look and I laughed. "Are you an idiot? There aren't people chosen to be on top, you work for it. Oh my god, what a dumbass." I said and he glared then smirked. "That's a dirty mouth for such a pretty face." Shindo said. "That's such an ugly face for a waste of a life." I said. "Feisty, I like it. Aren't you that [Y/n] girl that was scout for my class?" He asked. "Maybe or maybe not. Anyway, saying that class E gets to goof off all day without having to do anything, it total bullshit and it pisses me off. There's no such thing as being chosen to do something, idiot. You're not chosen, you work for it." I said. "Alright, let's make a little bet. If your class wins, we'll stop talking down on them." Shindo said and I raised a brow. "But if I win, you have to transfer to my class and be my girlfriend." He said and I cringed then hummed. "Sure, deal." I said.

EEEHHH!!" My class yelled then started bombarding me with questions. "I hate this bullshit school talking down on this class. You all may be used to it and can handle it, but I will not stand for it. It's is the motivation you need. So you have 2 choices, either lose and I have to leave and date that ugly asshole or win and the baseball team will kept their dirty mouths shut." I said. "But [Y/n]-san, we're just E class, there's no way we could win." Isogai said. I laughed a bit and wrapped my arm around his shoulder. "Isogai-kun, if you talk down on yourself, you're sure to lose. Do you ever remember being a little kid and boys would tell girls that they can't do anything a boy could?" I asked. "Uh...sure." He said. "Saying girls, can't run as fast, can't climb trees but I'm a girl that can do all those things. What I'm saying is just because you or anyone else says you can't do it, doesn't mean it's true. If you practice hard enough, you can do it." I explained. "And we already have our secret weapon. Sugino-kun, got any secrets to winning?" I said and pointed at him. He looked down. "It's impossible." He muttered. "Wrong answer!" I yelled. "I can tell that you really love baseball. I say if you love it, then win at it. Show that Shindo bastard who's boss." I said with small smile. "And if you win, I'll answer one question about myself, honestly." I continued and that's what excited them the most. I bet they were really curious about me since the day we met.

The girls and I walked out of the gym. We finally own the exhibition game for basketball. Well, mostly because of me. "Thank goodness, [Y/n] was with us. We barely won." Nakamura said. "I didn't know you were so good at basketball, [Y/n]-chan." Kurahashi said and I nodded. "I play in the park sometimes." I said while Kayano continued to glare at my boobs. "I wonder how the boys are doing." I muttered as we walked past the baseball field. I stood at the fence and saw Class E winning by 3 points. I smiled a bit. I notice Maehara glance at me then gritted his teeth. I notice the intense atmosphere and the tight defense formation. I glared. I already knew who did this, the principal. Shindo threw the ball and Maehara tipped it into the air then one of the baseball guys caught it. Next was Okajima. I clicked my tongue. 'This is bullshit.' I thought to myself. The principal looked at me then smirked. "He's so lucky he's the principal or I would have given him the finger." I muttered to myself and went to get something to drink. I sighed and started drinking. "It seems that you're going to be in my class." I heard and glared at the person. Asano had a smug look on his face. "No, and even if the baseball team won, I would have to date that asshole Shindo." I said and noticed he glared slightly. I chuckled. "See ya, Asano." I said and walked back to the baseball field. Shindo was up to bat. The score was 3-2. I glared. Karma and Isogai was standing right in front of him. I smirked. "I see." I muttered and Nakamaru looked at me. "What do you mean?" She asked. "Karma-kun and Isogai-kun have fast reflexes combined with Karma-kun's trash talk will throw Shindo off his game." I said then Isogai and Karma moved closer. Shindo swung, barely missing Karrma and Isogai, and got a strike. Karma whispered something to Shindo, causing him to tremble. Sugino threw the ball and Shindo hit it. Karma caught it and threw it to Nagisa, who threw it to third base then first base. It was a triple play. For the first time in history, E-class won the ball tournament. I smiled and cheered. "Good job! You did great!" I said while running onto the field. I gave them each a high-five. "[Y/n]-chan, you were watching?" Sugino asked and I nodded. "You guys did great." I said. "[Y/n]-chan's finally being nice to us because we saved her from going to A-class." Karma said, mockingly. "I could switch anytime I want, y'know. I just happy I don't have to date Shindo. Just thinking about it make me want to vomit." I said and gagged. They laughed.

I sat on the teacher's desk while everyone was sitting/standing around the room. "Have this in mind before asking me a question, you only have one question to agree on. Karasuma didn't even know most of my life." I said and waiting until they stopped talking. They finally agreed. "What was your life like before you met Karasuma-sensei?" Isogai asked. My expression changed. My expression turned to despair. "There's things I still can't tell you yet. Sorry, I can't give you the whole story. I was an only child, I never knew my mom, and my dad...well that I can't tell you. When I was 3, I started training to be an assassin....None of the kids in my school liked it, neither did their parent. they made fun of me, talked about me. I never knew how to make friends so I had none. Until I met Itona. One day, my father was killed and I had no where to go, so I ran away. That's when Karasuma found." I explained. The atmosphere was depressing. "So sad!" Koro-sensei said with tears in his ear. "Why the hell are you crying?!" I yelled and was engulfed in a hug."[Y/n]-chan, I'm sorry we had to relive your sad past!" Irina said while squeezing the life out of me. "Get off of me, Jelcabitch!" I yelled. 

Nagisa pov: I wiped and small tears from my eyes. I looked over at Kayano and she was in full tears. I laughed a bit. I turned my attention to [Y/n], she was still trying to get Bitch-sensei off of her. Most of the girls in our class got up to hug her too. That made her a little more mad. I could feel myself falling for her. I felt the sudden urge to hug her and comfort her. I sighed and looked out the window. Today, we learned a little more about our mysterious classmate, [Y/n] Karasuma.