Chapter 1

Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step
- Martin Luther King Jr

A fresh morning, a fresh start for Ashwin Kumar, as he was ready to step into an unexpected job but he had some instincts that he would get his lost happy life back. Little did he realise that this job is not only going to fulfil his life goal, but also his heart's goal.

An early riser, a fitness freak, excellent cook and sensible in all possible ways. A perfect groom material indeed. But he had flaws and those could be identified only by his close circle. One such person is his best friend from childhood, Rakshan who's not in town. He, along with the love of his life, Saranya have gone for a small trip before he starts his job. Fortunately, the duo landed up at the same work place.

Ashwin was taking notes and checking out his presentations for the day. He was checking it again and again, to ensure that he should give his best. A satisfactory smile appears on his face and he closes his laptop. He sighs and goes to freshen up.

He comes back after bathing with a towel around his waist. Any girl would go gaga over this handsome monster. He goes to the closet to select his dress and changes into an onion pink full sleeve shirt and black trousers.

He combs his hair neatly and goes to the pooja room and prays there for a good start. He comes back to the room and checks himself on the mirror. The thin strike of holy ash on his forehead added beauty to his charms. He smiled setting his hair and a dimple appears on his cuppy cheek.

He wears a black wristwatch and after setting his hair for the last time, goes to the kitchen to have his breakfast and to pack lunch. He relishes his breakfast, but missed Rakshan and his non stop commentaries, "Naalaiku varattum katti vechi adikiren andha erumaiya". He chuckles and finishes his breakfast. He packs the lunch and goes to the room to take his bag and phone.

Though he was ready for the day, he was still nervous. Raji, his neighbour enters the home at that time...

Raji: Ashwin kanna

Ashwin: Raji ma..

Raji: Kanna, en kanne patrum pola.

She cracks her knuckles and he laughs...

Ashwin: Raji ma, neenga sonnadhu naala I decided to take up this job. All prepared but still nervous...

Raji: I know ma. Don't worry, my boy will do his best. Dhairiyama poitu va da...

Ashwin: Neenga sollitinga la, appo success dhaan....

Raji ma laughs and looks behind to find packed lunch and glares at him.

Raji: En da will I not prepare lunch for you ? Ellathayum neeye dhaan pannanum ah ? Sir breakfast um senji saaptrupingale ?

Ashwin smiles sheepishly and holds his ears muttering sorry.

Raji: Here you go again with that puppy face. Naa kochikiten po po..

Ashwin: Raji ma sorry please. Neenga busy ah irupinga nu naane panniten, kochikadhinga please....

Raji: Mudiyadhu. Unakku gulab jamun senji eduthutu vandhen adhuvum kedaiyadhu po....

Then only Ashwin notices a tiffin box on the tepoy and smiles mischievously. He runs to take that box and Raji laughs at him....

Ashwin: Eduthuten....

Raji: Poda eduthuko ana naa innum kovama dhaan iruken....

Ashwin: Adha en ma sirichitu soldringa....