Chapter 23

A state of eeriness filled the room as Ashwin sat numb, after his eyes took in the vision of his father, standing right in front of him with a baggage in hand.

His father had lost a little weight, his face had a good amount of wrinkles on display, huge bags were there below his eyes and he looked tired too.

Ashwin knew everything happening back in his hometown. He might not be present there physically, but he checked on his family often. Though his primary aim was to start a business on his own, he never stopped looking after his family business and made sure that none of them, even Rakshan knew about this.

With the help of Mukundan, his father's personal assistant, Ashwin knew everything happening there. During the time of lockdown, lack of materials supply failed one branch and his father almost decided to shut down that particular branch, but miraculously he got a supplier and today, this branch is one of those that is yielding high profits.

The workforce credited Mukundan for finding the supplier but little they knew that it was Ashwin who did everything. Be it workers strike or anything that disrupted the flow of business, it was Ashwin who solved every single issue.

None of them knew it and Ashwin never had the habit of flaunting his deeds.

Rakshan slowly tapped Ashwin's shoulder, bringing him back to the world and Ashwin once again looked at his father. He tried his level best to frame words, but even a syllable wasn't ready to escape from his lips.

Raji identified him, as Ashwin had shown his pictures while Mrini and Krishna identified him as Ashwin was a carbon copy of his father.

Ashwin's father was astonished to see a girl sleeping in his son's arms. Rakshan followed his line of sight and gulped, trying ways to tackle the situation.

Mrini and Krishna were literally chanting slokas, to save their brothers and best friend from Ashwin's dad.

Sivaangi was sleeping comfortably in Ashwin's arms, completely unaware of the turmoil that her Ashwin was undergoing now. He tried getting up but her stir stopped him.

Having one of his favourite human in his arms and the other favourite human right in front of him, Ashwin gulped, for God knows how many times.

Ashwin's father, Lakshmikanthan gestured Rakshan to take him to Ashwin's room and Krishna breathed out with a sigh.

Krishna: Happada, ippo thaan mooche vidren.

Mrini patted his back and realised that she was also the same like him. Raji saw a lost Ashwin and sat next to him.

Raji: Kanna, Sivu va enkitta kudu. Nee poi appa kitta pesu da.

Ashwin: Maa....

He dragged, gulping his words.

Raji: Appa onnum solla maataru ma, nee poi pesu.

Ashwin nodded absent mindedly and gently placed Sivaangi on the sofa. Her palms were clutching his shirt in a tight fist. He tried removing her hand but her grip was too strong.

Even at this tense situation, her face lit a smile on his face and he quickly carried her in his arms. Mrini understood his move and quickly ran to open the door of Rakshan's room.

Ashwin placed the sleeping bundle on the bed and covered her with the duvet. He sat on the bed and held her palm to his cheek.

Mrini left the room and Ashwin leaned in, with his head on hers.

Ashwin: Paapa, appa vandhu irukkaru ma. I am clueless about his purpose of visit. I am really nervous, Peaches.

He stroke her hair and laid his head on her arm, finding comfort.