Chapter 4

Ashwin enters the class and starts teaching. He continued with the topic from first class and Sivaangi continued her work of sighting him.

Ashwin stopped mid way as the class was pin drop silent. He turned back to find most of them with drooping eyes and chuckles softly. "Nalla lunch break la vairu mutta saapta, ipdi dhaan thookam varum"

Ashwin taps the table and few of them sit up straight. Sivaangi was wide awake as she was "focused" on her lecturer's face whereas Mrinalini was half into the class and half asleep.

Ashwin: Enna nalla thookam varudha ?

The students nod their head in denial but Ashwin laughs.

Ashwin: Konjam apdiye suthi paarunga. Half the class is fighting to be awake. Mokkai ya pogudha class ?

The students turned to their sides and found few of them sleeping. They wake them up and the sleepy ones sit up straight with a terrified look as Ashwin caught them sleeping.

Sivaangi taps Mrinalini's cheeks and she gets up with a jerk.

Mrinalini: Ennachu Sivu ? Class mudinjudha ?

Sivaangi: Loosu apdi enna thookam unakku ? Pen andharathula thongitu irukku ....

Mrinalini: Lunch break aprom yaaru class eduthalum enakku lazy ah dhaan irukum. Idhula nethiku ozhunga thoongala, adhaan asandhuten....

Sivaangi: Anga paaru sir is staring at you.

Mrinalini looks at the line of sight and gulps.

Mrinalini: Aathi maatnom. Okay velila poga ready aaiko Mrini...

Ashwin taps the table a little hard this time and the class becomes quite.

Ashwin: Romba bore adikudha ?

The students nod their head as no. Sivaangi nodded a bit fast and Mrinalini nodded faster.

Ashwin noticed these two and calls Mrinalini.

Ashwin: Mrinalini stand up.

Mrinalini's eyes go wide and she stands up like a frightened mouse, "Naa dhaan kedachena ? En sir vera yaarum unga kannuku theriyalaya...."

Ashwin: Mrinalini are you here ?

Mrinalini: Ahh yes yes sir.

Ashwin: Avlo vegama thalai ya aatuninga. Then why were your eyes dropping ?

Mrinalini: Sorry sir. I didn't have enough sleep yesterday and since the class is after lunch break, I felt lazy adhaan sir. This won't be repeated again sir.

Ashwin: Is that so ?

Mrinalini: Sir the first reason is my personal one ana second reason will be agreed by all...

She hisses at her classmates, "deii vaaya thorandhu sollunga da erumaingala"

Ashwin was trying to suppress his laughter. He turns back in the name of coughing and laughs. Meanwhile Mrinalini knocks at a boy's head who was sitting at the bench infront of theirs.

Mrinalini hisses, "Ippo mattum ellarum aama nu sollala canteen la solli samosa la veshatha vechiduven. Ozhungu mariyadhai ya aama nu sollunga"

The boy gets frightened and nods his head vigourously. Sivaangi controls herself from laughing and Mrinalini glares at her.

Ashwin turns back and pulls out a straight face.

Ashwin: Sollunga Mrinalini...

Mrinalini: Adhaan sollitene sir. Naa sonnadhu seri dhaana friends ?

"Aama sir", the class shouted in chorus.