Chapter 18

"The entire world might degrade and pull you down. But if you have a handful of loved ones who stand with you thick and thin, kindly stay with them. They'll be an integral part of your own world and everything will be right once you focus on them, instead of focusing on the blaming ones."

Sivaangi was on the peak of excitement as she finally sang overcoming her insecurities. The claps, appreciating words and satisfied look on her loved ones faces made her proud of herself. She saw Ashwin who was in the same state as of hers. His constant pestering and motivation boosted up her confidence. His words shunned away all the negative vibes, clearing her mind. Though she was nervous, nothing mattered when he was right in front of her, also his words ringing in her ears. His crazy side brought out the crazy side of hers as well, making her to leave the quadrangle immediately.

The friends trio were in the cab, caught in the worst traffic of Chennai. Sivaangi grumbles and almost yells in annoyance. The driver couldn't stop laughing and cups his mouth to control himself. Mrini and Krishna try to muffle their laughter but eventually they laugh out. Sivaangi extends her hand to the passenger seat where Krishna was sitting and knocks his head. Krishna screams in pain, "ayyooo ammaa..."

"Ungalukellam enna paatha sirippa irukka haan ? We are at the same place for almost half an hour, vandi ara inch kooda nagarala", Sivaangi grumbles and Mrini chuckles.

The driver replies, "Idhu romba common ma, peak time la maatikitom. Konjam iru clear aaidum...."

"Idhu oru pakkam na Bangalore traffic innoru pakkam. Vandhu paaru theriyum...", Mrini laughs and Sivaangi sighs. Krishna calls Rakshan and got to know that Ashwin left as soon as they left the college. Rakshan had to stay back as their HOD wanted to discuss about the upcoming internals. He was coming out of the college when Krishna called him.

"Anna too has left as soon as we came out pola. Ellarum onna dhaan veetuku porom..." Krishna says and Sivaangi asks excitedly, "Appo Ashwin pinnadi irukka neraya chances irukku la. Pesama naa poi thedi paakata ? Avaru irundha naa avarkooda bike laye varene..."

Sivaangi completes and saw Mrinalini glaring at her. Krishna slaps his forehead and Sivaangi pouts, "edhuku ippadi react pandringa ? Thedi paakuren nu dhaana sonnen..."

"We are in the middle of the vehicles ma. Munnadi avlo vandinga pinnadi avlo vandinga, nee enga poi theduva ? Adhaan morachitu irukanga un friends...", the driver says and Sivaangi pouts more.

"Appo poga koodadha ?", Sivaangi asks again, blinking her eyes and Mrini glares more. Sivaangi fake cries, "ponga ungalukku en mela paasame illa...."

Krishna sighs and says, "Konjam wait pannu ma, we'll reach home soon. Please..." Sivaangi nods her head and looks outside through the window. Mrini calls Ashwin to check on him and Sivaangi turns swiftly, grabs her phone and switches on the speaker. The call goes unanswered and Sivaangi turns her face away.

"Avaru phone edukala na naa enna panna ? Enkitta mogatha thirupura paaru...", Mrini rambles and the signal goes green. Sivaangi squeals as the vehicles start moving slowly. The cab speeds of once they are out of the main road and they reach Ashwin's house within fifteen minutes. Mrini pays for the cab and Sivaangi runs to the house, grabbing the keys from Krishna. Mrini, Krishna and the driver laugh at her disappearing figure.

Intrigued by her act the driver asks, "yaara paaka ma andha ponnu apdi odudhu ?"

Mrini smiles, "avar ava ulagam na..." The driver smiles and leaves. Krishna asks, "namakku thonuradhu eppo avangalukku velangum ?"

"Ippo dhaana start aairku adhukula keta epdi da badhil solluven?", Mrini asks and they enter the house laughing.

Sivaangi was in Ashwin's room, right in front of the mirror. She was squealing her heart out, "Ashwineyyy naa paaditen. Neenga sonna maari paaditen. Bayatha ellam thooki potutu paaditen, kathi solanum pola irundhuchu pa. Seekiram vaanga enakku ungala paakanum..."